It's over, we won, now back to business

PDA

mhdishere
November 3, 2004, 01:37 PM
Election 2004 is over. I was taught as a kid that a gentleman is gracious in victory and defeat, so let's be gracious regardless of how we think the "other side" would act if the situation were reversed.

Now let's get back to the business at hand, let's keep this the best place on earth to live. Where our nation is wrong let's work to correct her, where she's right let's keep her, and let's continue our founding father's ideal of making a "more perfect Union". Let's continue to fight the war on terror. Let's help our economy grow by working, earning money, investing our money and spending our money so other people can work, invest, and spend.

And in our spare time, LET'S GO SHOOTING!

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "It's over, we won, now back to business" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chut1st
November 3, 2004, 02:25 PM
I'll second that, mhdishere. We should continue to take The High Road in victory.

And in our spare time, LET'S GO SHOOTING!

and take a non-shooter with us to infect with our passion for burning gunpowder.

RobW
November 3, 2004, 03:01 PM
And don't forget to further fight for liberty and the Constitution. Don't relax on the laurels!

FREEDOM FIRST!

MP5
November 3, 2004, 03:23 PM
Who's "we"? For many of us, a victory by either Bush or Kerry is a loss for our country and our liberties.

Master Blaster
November 3, 2004, 03:44 PM
Back to Business,

What fun is that I have to

GLOAT a BIT FIRST :neener: :neener:

R.H. Lee
November 3, 2004, 03:53 PM
Sounds like a Karl Rove speech, mhdishere. :p I expect us to act like we've won. That means we don't bend over for the the opposition in the interests of 'comity'. The dems have already shown they are dirty street fighters who recognize no rules. Don't forget that.

mhdishere
November 4, 2004, 09:25 AM
MP5:
It certainly wasn't a total victory, but I doubt anyone here thinks we'd have been better off under Kerry. Maybe some people think we'd have been the same under Kerry than Bush and so voted Libertarian.

RileyMC:
Bend over? Absolutely not! I do think we ought to act like High Roaders though. There's no need to act like the Yankees fans did after the Yankees won game 3 of the playoffs.

If you enjoyed reading about "It's over, we won, now back to business" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!