Replacement Sear/Hammer for a Colt

PDA

Haycreek
February 26, 2003, 05:43 PM
Where do I order an original stock replacement trigger/sear for my Colt Mark IV Series 70 that is high quality. A few years ago, I reduced the trigger pull down to 2.2 pounds, now I want to restore it to a safe carry weight. I would like to keep the spur type hammer to retain the original look. Bought it new, it is still a favorite.

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacement Sear/Hammer for a Colt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TarpleyG
February 26, 2003, 07:56 PM
http://www.brownells.com should have what you want but I wouldn't think the trigger would need to be replaced. More likely that the HAMMER and sear need to replaced.

GT

bountyhunter
February 27, 2003, 05:26 PM
I think you can crank the trigger weight up a couple of pounds just by increasing the spring force (bending the appropriate leaf). That's how my gunsmith did mine. He had set it up for 2# and I asked him to increase it.

Johnny Guest
April 10, 2003, 07:04 PM
Try the springs first, before you spend good money on aftermarket hammer and sear, which would likely need some fitting to yield a crisp let off.

Bend the three-leaf spring to give a bit more tension to BOTH the trigger and the sear. Trigger pull weight will go up, and you have just saved enough money to buy some more ammo or components. :D

Where are you in West Texas, Haycreek? I'm in Denton but travel west fairly often.

Best,
Johnny

Haycreek
April 11, 2003, 06:50 PM
Johnny,
Abilene !!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacement Sear/Hammer for a Colt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!