Boomers for Big Foot

PDA

George Hill
February 26, 2003, 07:00 PM
I love my father. He is one of the smartest men that I have ever known. He used to (?) work for some intelligence agency when he was younger... he has been all over the world and knows everything about all different kinds of stuff... Like geo-political situations of danged near every country all over the world. Knows all the details of strategic platforms... Knows all the details of every US and British military base since WWII to Today. He still keeps tabs on all airfields we have ever used too. He even keeps tabs on the abandoned airfields. Anyways... Yeah... my Dad is a retired Spook. Smart guy. So it took me as a surprise when he started talking to me not about some airbase - but about something else. Big Foot.
He frequents BFRO.net where there are detailed accounts of sightings... He doens't really care about most of them... mainly the ones involving US Military people and US Military Bases. There are a lot of them. I am surprised. But it got me thinking... What about a Big Foot Gun? A possibly dangerous 300+ pound creature that has the strength to supposedly bend trees. So this got me thinking... What If?
I was thinking that a 45-70 would be good medicine for this monster. Now, you can't use a whimpy .223 on this thing. It's big and strong. There are reports of people hitting it and not stopping it. And reports of shooting it and even killing it, but the corpses are dragged off. This means they travel with others. Maybe little bands of big foots.
Hmmm... high capacity. Hi Cap, and Heavy caliber.
Any ideas?
For refrence:
http://www.bfro.net/
http://www.lincolns.org.uk/

If you enjoyed reading about "Boomers for Big Foot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blackhawk
February 26, 2003, 07:11 PM
Show the maimed or broken corpses of people or animals who have experienced a Bigfoot encounter then I may get into a mindset that there's some danger from them. :rolleyes:

George Hill
February 26, 2003, 07:28 PM
Ah come on... Wouldn't it be cool to be the guy to bag one?
Not that I believe in Bog Foots... I don't. But it is fun to image.
I don't believe in Pokemon either, but a few years ago on TFL I posted a similar thread about them too. Ante up your sense of humor and play your card.
I think a Marlin Guide Gun would be PERFECT.

rock jock
February 26, 2003, 07:34 PM
Handgun: 500 magnum
Rifle: AR-10

Steve Smith
February 26, 2003, 07:38 PM
I think it would be a shame to kill the only known living example of such a creature. Drug him, probe him 11 ways from Sunday and exploit him, but don't kill him.

(how's that for one seriously screwed up post?)

Blackhawk
February 26, 2003, 07:45 PM
Well, I've tried and tried, George, but my sense of humor just won't go there.

Marko Kloos
February 26, 2003, 07:49 PM
Imagine how many rednecks you could wow by being the first guy on the block with a mounted Bigfoot head. :D

I'd imagine anything that works on heavy, dangerous game also works on Bigfoot. Just use whatever you'd use on cape buffalo.

sm
February 26, 2003, 07:54 PM
I'd have agree with your choice of 45-70 and platform.

Then again I know a certain red-headed Ex ...I'd like to introduce them to each other...'course...well nevermind, got to thinkin' 'bout that 45-70 again :D

QuickDraw
February 26, 2003, 08:09 PM
I have to agree with Blackhawk.From what I've seen/heard,Bigfoot is to humanlike.I wouldn't want to shoot him
just because.Unless he was after me,I would let him be.

QuickDraw

Schuey2002
February 26, 2003, 08:23 PM
Imagine how many rednecks you could wow by being the first guy on the block with a mounted Bigfoot head.
LMAO!!:D

I know one local redneck that would have that head mounted on the hood of his beat up '84 Chevy pickup...:D

4v50 Gary
February 26, 2003, 08:26 PM
Harpoon of course. But like Blackhawk sez, it would really be a waste to waste him. I wouldn't want the trophy and I'd rather science gets a chance to study, interact (please give me back my arm so my doctor can reattach it) and learn from it (don't get too close because of his breath and he broke my hand with one finger).

BTW, I think Pops would be shocked that you even raised this issue George.:eek:

Dave R
February 26, 2003, 08:31 PM
They travel in packs, eh? High capacity, eh? I think your Main Battle Rifle would do the trick. Garand, FAL, CETME, etc. .308/.30-06 is good enough for elk at reasonable ranges, would prolly work on Bigfoot.

BTW, is there not a REAL, GENUINE law on the books in CA saying that its ilegal to shoot Bigfoot, just in case he really is real?

KMKeller
February 26, 2003, 08:49 PM
George, I've seen your picture. Wouldn't bagging a Big Foot be fratricide?:what: :D

priv8ter
February 26, 2003, 08:59 PM
well, since a moderator started the issue...

If I was going out to bag one, I would think that any rifle I would use for Elk would get the job done...7mm Mag and up. But, the whole pack thing, and the fact that you would have to go back in the deep, dark woods to find him...

.45-70 would get the job done...maybe a .450 Marlin.

But...what I really think I would bring, is one of the new Ruger 99/44 with a spare magazine ready to go. Short, semi-auto...would hit hard enough I'm sure...

Or, something to put him to sleep...

El Rojo
February 26, 2003, 10:20 PM
This from the Hunting forum. (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3162&highlight=big+and+foot)

An Old TFL Big Foot post in General Discussion (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=144460&highlight=big+and+foot)

What are the odds this might get locked? :p

Ledbetter
February 26, 2003, 10:34 PM
I agree with St3ve Smith. Tranquililzer gun, whatever mix works on bears. Probe him good.:what:

vertigo7
February 26, 2003, 10:48 PM
Sounds like just the excuse I need to go buy the Alaskan Copilot (http://www.wildwestguns.com/CoPilot_And_Guide_Rifles/body_copilot_and_guide_rifles.html), chambered in .50 Alaskan, that I've been dreaming about. :evil:

gun-fucious
February 26, 2003, 10:53 PM
hello Tony,
I need a 454 SOCOM semiauto that goes BOOOM
http://www.tromix.com/Welcome.htm

DeltaElite
February 26, 2003, 11:12 PM
My Mother In Law looks like Bigfoot and man can she kill a salad bar. :D

KMKeller
February 26, 2003, 11:30 PM
George, My bad. I confused Wookies with Sasquatch... :D

George Hill
February 26, 2003, 11:48 PM
I'm not telling Dad, and neither are you!!!
;)

Wookie - that's me.
Sasquatch - That's Correia.

Selfdfenz
February 27, 2003, 12:17 AM
1. I don't believe in any creature that has never been found along a highway having been run over or ....shooting at same if Texas P and W does not issue a tag for it on the Super Combo.

2. I would not shoot a BF or Wookie if they did exist....as long as they don't p--p in my yard or eat my cat.

3. If BFs (is the plural foots or feet or feets) did exist a 45-70 at Ruger level reloads would be fine IMO. Might be a little big for the Greys however.:p

S-

Blain
February 27, 2003, 12:27 AM
It's so funny that this thread started up like it has, as I had just saw a bit on TV about bigfoot yesterday (in Australia) and was thinking of posting a similar thread. MY choice weapons would be my custom Vang Comped 870 Super magnum, and my M14 battle rifle. Not sure if I would shoot bigfoot, though.......if he attacked or threatened me I sure would, but otherwise it's hard to say.

Tamara
February 27, 2003, 12:42 AM
When I first read the thread title, I thought "Isn't a Trident II missile boat a bit much for going after a 600lb hominid?"

George Hill
February 27, 2003, 12:46 AM
Evidently the Big Foots in Oz are much more aggressive and nasty compaired to American BFs.
Shooting of the BF would of course be in a Self Defense situation... Maybe not in the Physical sense of Self Defense... but in the Social. I mean, if you DID see one - how could you PROVE it? You couldn't. People would either just think you nuts... or you NEVER mention it - EVER. Now, if you BAG ONE... that changes everything.
"Yeah, I saw a Big Foot... And Blasted that sucker. It's now on display at the Smithsonian. The other two that I tagged are still under examination by the scientists.... Yeah Other two... they came outta the woods to try to drag off the first one I got."

As for the Greys... heck, a .223 loaded with Hornady TAP would be just fine. Same situation with BF's.
"You want to believe? Check this out..." *screams* "Believe Now?" :D

coonan357
February 27, 2003, 01:37 AM
re1973 nope, nada ,zipo,no way , you ain't gonna get in on my fun , I get first dibs introducinging him to the physco blonde, we will get the big feller to commit himself .. she'll drive him nuts like she almost did me .. :rolleyes: :D, but then again we could introduce him to both of them .........:scrutiny:

12.7x99mm
February 27, 2003, 04:12 AM
The 45-70 is one of my all time favorite rifles cartridges. I dont think any living thing would survive a few hits from that.

and a 375H&H......or a 600 nitro

rick458
February 27, 2003, 04:31 AM
FN-FAL or AR-10 4 dudes with AKs have taken out herds of Elephants at 12,000lbs so I know .308 will blast a Wookie or two or three or more, but since I don't go walkin' around with either of those I hope the 25 .45 230 gr Hydrashoks I always have on me will do the trick, but like the others have said I would rather just watch em than shoot em.:)

762x51
February 27, 2003, 11:18 AM
A band of BF's? I'm thinking an Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf would do the trick nicely.

:D

4v50 Gary
February 27, 2003, 12:04 PM
OK, I concede. Self defense. Of course it's me over science. I'd use a 45-70 Marlin. If it goes through the width of a horse, it can go through BigFoot. Why Marlin? It's a repeater. If I was really paranoid, I'd ask for a squad armed with Marlins and we'd volley fire. The noise, muzzle flash ought to bring 'em down.

braindead0
February 27, 2003, 01:05 PM
.577 T. Rex

Back that up with a sawed off side-by-side nitro-express 'handgun', caliber of your choice.

Not that I'd want to kill him/her either. As far as I'm concerned, whether they exist or not doesn't matter. Let them be.

Gmac
February 27, 2003, 04:01 PM
155mm split trail howitzer firing H.E. w/ delay fuse-----also good for bunkers

Correia
February 27, 2003, 04:09 PM
I would just beat the heck out of him, take his territory and females. Get me a better cave... Maybe some new trees to chew on.

:p

bogie
February 27, 2003, 04:20 PM
Tazer the bejeezus out of him - hope that cute widdle dart makes it through the hair tho...

Put him in a trailer, and get on the el-cheapo county fair circuit.

George Hill
February 27, 2003, 05:28 PM
Correia - AHH... ginger ale up the nose!!! That was the best post... ever.

bogie
February 27, 2003, 05:35 PM
Just had a thought - it's snowing here, and pretty darn good. And I've got power tools.

What do you guys think of a pair of plywood bigfoot snowshoes, and an early morning walk from the local park through a few folks backyards, etc?

How many toes should I put on 'em?

braindead0
February 27, 2003, 05:43 PM
Put six on one and 5 on the other..this way it'll prove they are reall....cause he had a genetic defect.. It'll also show that they are inbreading...

Besides, anybody that would do this would make two exactly alike...

Don't forget to leave some tufts of dog fur on trees and fences nearby...maybe a big pile of steaming.....you know.

gun-fucious
February 27, 2003, 05:48 PM
http://members.door.net/hominidartwork/Comp2.htm

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=139721

meathammer
February 27, 2003, 05:50 PM
Defense against a Bigfoot attack? I'm sure any high-powered rifle would do the trick.

BUT

On account of all that fur they have, a FLAMETHROWER would be ideal! :D

Correia
February 27, 2003, 06:11 PM
GunFucious- LMAO. :D

I do look kind of like that, only balder. :)

Size 15 feet as well. Maybe I should just take my shoes off and run around a while.

Strings
February 27, 2003, 06:57 PM
... I had a similar thought about the whole "greys" thing...

Saucer lands in your back foty. Take a nice scoped rifle, and wait for the lil' guys to come out, and pop 'em. Take the bodies to ever local news station, leaving them on the desk with a note saying "YOU explain it". Would end the silly debate...

And Tamara: I had EXACTLY the same thought... ;)

bogie
February 27, 2003, 08:09 PM
On second thought - I mean, I _could_ invite 'em into Bogie's Bunker, and disable 'em with intense low-frequency wave pulses* (usually accompanied by exclamations of 'hey, this is cool!' and 'play that where it blows up again!'), or I can just show 'em a pic of one of Runt's pets, and watch 'em run screaming like a prepubescent pop fan...

*I maintain that my subwoofer, along the the transducers that I'm bolting to the Bogie's Bunker Preferred Seating Facility, are in actuality weaponry. Hah!

===
Electromagnetic Mind-control Weapons (Acoustic Psycho-correction)

Operating on the principles of electromagnetic flux, "Acoustic Psycho-correction" weapons have been in development since the early 1970's. Utilizing low frequency transmissions, specific commands can be sent via static or white noise bands directly into the human subconscious allegedly, without upsetting other intellectual functions.

Demonstrations of these evolving technologies have shown positive results (even with exposures of less than one minute) producing noticeably altered behaviors in both willing and unwilling subjects. These Mind-altering weapons can be used to fight terrorists, control dissidents, suppress riots, and demoralize or disable enemy forces. On a positive note, the technology could also be used to enhance the performance or frame of mind of friendly forces.

Other Low-Frequency Weapon Effects:

The effects that can be produced through the use of ultra-low frequency weapons include: a sense of panic in non-panic situations, temporary paralysis, nausea, diarrhea, vertigo, palpitations, disorientation, severe headaches, loss of memory, loss of concentration, retinal bleeding, burnt face (even at night), faulty speech, loss of co-ordination, irritability, and even sleep disturbances.

standingbear
February 27, 2003, 10:42 PM
id gallantly hold up a pic of whats her faces.the bigfoot would let out a agonizing yowl,gouge its own eyes out and fall over dead from shock.plan b; babble incoherantly while flailing my arms and tossing branches up in the air.maybe this action would amuse it and i could get away.

If you enjoyed reading about "Boomers for Big Foot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!