SAIGA 20 or 30 Round Mags?

PDA

makarov
November 6, 2004, 03:04 AM
Any idea if 20 or 30 round mags will be imported for the SAIGA?

If you enjoyed reading about "SAIGA 20 or 30 Round Mags?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cortland
November 6, 2004, 03:13 AM
http://www.eaacorp.com/news.shtml

If I understand them correctly, yes.

c_yeager
November 6, 2004, 07:07 AM
Holy crap!

The EAA site is listing the 30 round 7.62x39 magazines at $40 a pop.

Someone needs to start welding feed ramps to all the $6 AK mags that are floating around. I figure they could double their money and still undercut these guys by a LOT.

cslinger
November 6, 2004, 02:41 PM
One thing to think about. I believe that if you add a "high capacity" magazine to any SAIGA without adding the pre-requisite U.S. made parts you are technically manufacturing an illegal unsporting firearm.

Don't take this as gospel as I have not written the BATF on this but if you own a SAIGA it would be worth while to have a written reply saying yay or nay from the BATF.

This has nothing to do with the 94 AWB but has to do with 922R and th 89 import ban.

Chris

meef
November 7, 2004, 05:42 PM
I spoke with EAA on the phone on 11/4/04 to place an order for the Saiga 30-rd .223 mags and the Saiga 20-rd .308 mags. They informed me that both items were on backorder and the best answer they would give me as to when they would be available was 30-90 days. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Onmilo
November 8, 2004, 12:43 AM
Because the Saiga does not have any of the evil features defined in the original 1986 assault weapons ban such as a seperate pistol grip, threaded muzzle, grenade launcher, etc., and since Saigas do not have a place on that infamous list of banned weapons there are no restrictions to installing a high capacity magazine, it is perfectly legal.
You can slap a fifty shot magazine into a .243 Browning BAR and be legal if you could find one.

If you enjoyed reading about "SAIGA 20 or 30 Round Mags?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!