Subscription now takes 3 clicks

PDA

Zak Smith
November 7, 2004, 03:32 AM
One of the most common actions I do is to subscribe to a thread, so I can keep up to date.

Now it takes much longer - 3 clicks, 3 pages to load - to do so.

Any chance of a "one click to subscribe" like we used to have?

I really hated the "new" interface on TFL, and now it's infected THR! :barf: :barf: :barf:

If you enjoyed reading about "Subscription now takes 3 clicks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tyme
November 7, 2004, 04:53 AM
Should be doable. Do you want it next to "post reply" at the top or at the bottom or both?

atek3
November 7, 2004, 03:34 PM
what zak smith said.

atek3

Darkmind
November 7, 2004, 03:46 PM
Some where near the bottem of a thread after your done reading it.

Zak Smith
November 7, 2004, 06:40 PM
Both would be excellent. Thanks for listening!

Zak Smith
February 16, 2005, 03:09 AM
Any news?

EghtySx
February 16, 2005, 03:38 AM
At the top in the green bar there's a link that says "Thread Tools". Click it and a dropdown box with three links drops. The last link in this box is "Subscribe to this Thread".

Zak Smith
February 16, 2005, 03:46 AM
Please review my first post.

Besides clicking on a thread for the first time, subscribing to threads is the MOST COMMON action I do on these forums. It allows be to keep abreast of threads I'm interested in. When email notification either doesn't work (not the case here) or it is a pain to subscribe, I participate less.

With the old interface, I could hit "Subscribe" at the bottom of the thread with the middle button (open in new frame/window), wait just long enough to see it redirect, and the "control-w" or otherwise kill the window. Fast. It required only one click and there were no intermediate pages requiring interaction before the action was complete on the server end.

-z

Zak Smith
March 15, 2005, 03:41 PM
It sounded like this was going to be changed, then... nothing.

Is there still hope?

boing
March 16, 2005, 07:04 PM
Agree. Single click, at the bottom of the page. :)

Zak Smith
October 6, 2005, 06:37 PM
Update?

If you enjoyed reading about "Subscription now takes 3 clicks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!