The sacrifices we make

PDA

TechBrute
February 27, 2003, 02:00 AM
Personally, I make a lot of sacrifices to be able to shoot, buy a new gun, etc. Today I was faced with a delimma that I wonder if I share with many people. My wife thinks I'm looney.

I was at the Gap Outlet today and wondered around until I had a handful of clothing. When I added it up in my head, it came to about $175 without tax. I thought about it, and put all the clothes down, drove straight to my gun store, and bought a new S&W revolver. I figured the t-shirts I've already got will work fine, even if they all have somebody's advertising (not like Tommy or DKNY or something, I'm talking Microsoft, Dell, and various gun companies.) And do I really need more shorts, when the ones I've got aren't completely threadbare yet? I'm driving a 10 year old truck with 150K miles on it, so that I would have more $$ for shooting. Last year, I shot approximately 8500 rounds through my different guns. A couple of times, I literally missed a couple of meals because I had to get some ammo loaded and it completely skipped my mind.

I suppose I'm not as bad as someone that would buy both the clothes and the gun but have to use a credit card, or someone who maxes out their credit cards on guns, but I was just wondering if anybody is as bad, almost as bad, or worse than me.

If you enjoyed reading about "The sacrifices we make" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
February 27, 2003, 02:13 AM
Thje things we do for the love of a gun......:D

Justin
February 27, 2003, 02:31 AM
When in school, I ate lots of ramen in order to be able to afford ammo.I'm driving a 10 year old truck with 150K miles on it, so that I would have more $$ for shooting. I've often wondered if there is an inverse correlation to the condition/type of cars with pro-gun stickers on them, and the collection of guns the driver has at home.:)

Autolite
February 27, 2003, 02:37 AM
How can you afford something that new? My daily driver is a twenty two year old Pinto and the newest vehicle I own is sixteen years old. I work two jobs, seven days a week six out of seven weeks, just to be able to afford my gun stuff ...

rick458
February 27, 2003, 02:57 AM
I picked the I'm rich button but it was as close as I could find to
I worked a zillion hours overtime last year and the wife says get that gun you've been wanting for a while. I love my wife:)

WhoKnowsWho
February 27, 2003, 08:52 AM
I'm lucky, young, married, no kids, and a wife's car to use. And a third roommate to split the rent with. It won't last forever though, so that's why I buy as much as I can now! :)

Joe Demko
February 27, 2003, 09:33 AM
I have foregone things like cable TV, eating out, movies, clubbing, etc. in order to set aside money for a gun. After you have the first SD gun, all others are "wants" not "needs" and I have financed them accordingly. None of the choices you provided are, therefore, appropriate.

braindead0
February 27, 2003, 09:54 AM
It's easy, I'm rich and can buy all the guns I want..cash..

The trick is controlling what guns you want, enough to not want them until you've got the cash ;-)

Tamara
February 27, 2003, 09:55 AM
After you have the first SD gun, all others are "wants" not "needs" and I have financed them accordingly.

What were you saying? I'm sorry, I didn't hear you; I'm having a hard time finding a vein over here... ;) :p

10-Ring
February 27, 2003, 10:00 AM
I have a CC specifically for my guns & gun related "stuff." Spend, pay off, all w/in a set limit.

If you enjoyed reading about "The sacrifices we make" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!