Out of state MN permit

PDA

xenophon
November 8, 2004, 09:50 PM
I have completed training required of the MN CCW, and was planning on crossing the border from WI over to MN to get my out-of-state permit since you have to apply in person. Can anyone recommend a county/sheriff to go to that is friendly and is still issuing at this point? Somewhere near the Lacrosse WI/MN border preferred.

Thanks,

xenophon

If you enjoyed reading about "Out of state MN permit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
F4GIB
November 9, 2004, 02:15 AM
The new Minnesota law (which allows non-resident permits) is currently suspended pending a court appeal Don't bother to apply. They'll just deny you. See www.mnccrn.org

mpthole
November 9, 2004, 04:07 PM
F4GIB is correct. We probably won't see resolution on the issue until mid-summer next year. :( But when we do... I'm near La Crosse and got my permit across the river in Houston County. Winona County is very close as well and may have a more pro-carry Sheriff.

xenophon
November 9, 2004, 04:40 PM
Ah just great. I got my MN training around April this year, and is it correct under the new MN PPA that the training certificate is good for one year in MN? Well at least I can use the cert to get a out of state FL permit, but that makes me pretty salty.

xenophon

mpthole
November 9, 2004, 05:10 PM
Too bad you didn't jump on it right after you got your training. I think the court case didn't happen until later in the summer. :(

xenophon
November 9, 2004, 05:59 PM
mpthole Too bad you didn't jump on it right after you got your training. I think the court case didn't happen until later in the summer.
Yeah I know, that's just a long drive from Milwaukee to MN and I haven't had any trips planned over there yet. Snooze you lose I guess. Are other states permits (like NH or PA) valid in MN right now?

xenophon

SteelyDan
November 9, 2004, 10:05 PM
I don't believe any other state permits are currently recognized in Minnesota, see:

http://www.dps.state.mn.us/bca/CJIS/Documents/CarryPermit/Permit%20to%20Carry.html

I feel your pain. I took my certification class on July 9, and two days later the new law was found to be unlawful and no further applications (under the new law) were accepted.

If you enjoyed reading about "Out of state MN permit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!