Thinking of starting an AK project

PDA

KW
November 9, 2004, 11:01 PM
So my M4gery is about done and I'm thinking of doing an AK project next. I'd like to make something kind of like a Sako m90 or Galil. I haven't decided on whether I want to do a 7.62x39 or 5.56x45.

The basic features I'm looking to end up with are:

90 degree "krink" style gas block
Galil style folding stock (the two I've found are the one from Blackjackbuffers.com, and one from ak47.com ... not sure what the difference in mounting requirements would be)
Krebs rear sight
ability to accept bulgarian waffle mags

So my question is, what gun/reciever do you think I should start with? I noticed that Atlantic Firearms has some Ak's with the 90 degree gas block - would I be able to mod these with a Galil style folder? Would these take waffles? Should I consider something else to start with?

Also, is there any sort of turned up bolt handle that can be adapted to the AK?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Thinking of starting an AK project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Thinking of starting an AK project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!