I actually had to choose just one!

PDA

Joe Demko
February 27, 2003, 09:14 AM
We've seen many of the "if you could keep just one" threads here and at TFL. I actually had to make this choice. The spousal unit and I came to the point where our paths diverged, you see, and it no longer was an option for me to remain in the same house with that woman. Due to a variety of circumstances, it was practical for me to take only a single weapon with me. Out of everything in the safes, I elected to take (drum roll, please)...the HK USP 40.
A friend retreived the remaining handguns for me and is storing them at his place along with the keys to the rifle safe, though all the long guns remain at that house. Divorce is so much fun, kiddies, that I could scream.
In any case, please accept any necessary apologies in advance if I seem even more disagreeable than usual. I miss my daughter and don't know when I will get to see her again. The guns and other truck don't really matter.

If you enjoyed reading about "I actually had to choose just one!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tamara
February 27, 2003, 09:24 AM
:(

Sorry to hear it, Golgo; my thoughts are with you.

(She's not the type likely to go spraying restraining orders left & right, is she? :uhoh: )

Joe Demko
February 27, 2003, 10:04 AM
She's not the type likely to go spraying restraining orders left & right, is she?

Yes, that's exactly the type of person she is; hence, my deliberately eschewing contact with her (and therefore my daughter as well) until the lawyers make the arrangements. In these situations, the waiting is the hardest part.

10-Ring
February 27, 2003, 10:08 AM
I remember when I went through mine, that I didn't wish that on anyone. Sometimes tho, the right thing to do is the toughest as well. Good luck for you & your daughter.

Betty
February 27, 2003, 10:25 AM
Yuck. I hope everything works out for you. :(

Steve Smith
February 27, 2003, 10:30 AM
I feel for ya, bud. I'm going through the same thing. Luckily, I grabbed everything in the safe and split, but I left her a Springfield Ultra Compact and a P-32...the two guns most likely to be carried by her. I hope things turn out for you, man.

If you enjoyed reading about "I actually had to choose just one!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!