Pure speculation...

PDA

TechBrute
November 11, 2004, 01:21 PM
Ok, the vast majority of us here are pro-gun, so the answer to this question will pretty much be speculation on your part.

What is the most "offensive", "un-PC", "evil" gun segment out there? Vote in the poll and then tell me what model represents the epitome of the class.

I will consider buying whatever wins the poll (provided I don't own it already.) :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Pure speculation..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black Snowman
November 11, 2004, 01:29 PM
Ooops. You forgot the poll. You'll have to remake the tread.

TechBrute
November 11, 2004, 01:31 PM
Ooops. You forgot the poll. You'll have to remake the tread.
I guess it posted the thread while I was working on typing in the poll. It's there now. :D

lee n. field
November 11, 2004, 01:39 PM
You forgot "Pocket Rockets" -- small but powerful handguns. Micro Glocks and the like. The VPC has a handy shopping list somewhere on their site.

williegee
November 11, 2004, 01:41 PM
I would say Evil Black Rifles.

cheygriz
November 11, 2004, 01:53 PM
you forgot to include "none of the above." :evil:

Ktulu
November 11, 2004, 01:54 PM
I picked other.

The most evil gun is an anti shooting their mouth off.

Black Snowman
November 11, 2004, 01:54 PM
I went with Assualt Rifles since that includes most class III items. MP5SD is pretty much the ultimate in EBRs and, of course, beyond the means of most everybody.

I still want a P90.

DnPRK
November 11, 2004, 02:14 PM
Other: The gun in the hands of the criminal who is determined to victimize his fellow man.

psyopspec
November 11, 2004, 02:19 PM
An AR, with all the little goodies that are used more for keeping the anti's wound up tight than they are for the operation of the gun :D. Go for a non-ban era model, and add whatever accessories you feel will complete the look.

juggler
November 11, 2004, 02:21 PM
Other.....it's the one pointing at me or mine. :fire:

nordaim
November 11, 2004, 02:32 PM
I think it is "Assault Rifles" and the AK in particular, since that is the gun that is perceived as the only thing shooting up our boys and girls.

ckyllo
November 11, 2004, 02:40 PM
isnt this like fuel for the antis?? I can hear someone from the brady bunch say "even pro 2a boards say that guns are evil... " or "and they have discussions on what gun is the most evil."

as for what gun is used most as a tool for evil I would say cheap handgun.
but in no way would I say that cheap handguns are evil.

TechBrute
November 11, 2004, 02:44 PM
isnt this like fuel for the antis?? I can hear someone from the brady bunch say "even pro 2a boards say that guns are evil... " or "and they have discussions on what gun is the most evil."

as for what gun is used most as a tool for evil I would say cheap handgun.
but in no way would I say that cheap handguns are evil.
When people put "quotes" around something, it's generally considered an indicator of "sarcasm." The poll is asking what gun segment is viewed by antis as the most "evil." Most people seem to have caught on to that. Other people need to work on their sense of humor.

jefnvk
November 11, 2004, 02:57 PM
I think .50's are gonna be the next target. IMHO, they have worn down 'assualt' rifles and handgunsto the point where a lot of people don;t listen, and most opponenets have had the time to spread the truth.

Fifty's are a new one to most people.

Preacherman
November 11, 2004, 03:01 PM
You forgot several categories:

- Paintball guns (kids learning murder with games! :what: );

- BB guns (mayhem among our children! :eek: );

- Toy guns (toddlers learning aggression in the home! :scrutiny: );

and so on. My apologies for the VPC/sheeple comments in each category... :evil:

TechBrute
November 11, 2004, 03:10 PM
LOL... yeah, I forgot all those "evil" categories...

R.H. Lee
November 11, 2004, 03:24 PM
It's entirely a function of appearance. A water cannon that looks like an EBR is more "evil" than a real 30-30 lever, for example.

g56
November 11, 2004, 03:43 PM
Other- Guns aren't evil, they are a tool, only the sentient mind is capable of being evil.

BigG
November 11, 2004, 03:56 PM
I think those toy guns with the silly fluorescent muzzles are the most "evil" :scrutiny:

Ryder
November 11, 2004, 06:44 PM
http://www.simicon.com/photo/iskra/b_photo16.jpg

Standing Wolf
November 11, 2004, 07:52 PM
Representatives of the Democratic (sic) party are infinitely more dangerous than firearms.

RaySendero
November 11, 2004, 08:04 PM
I'm not voting on that crap!

None of them are "evil"!

possenti
November 11, 2004, 08:21 PM
Representatives of the Democratic (sic) party are infinitely more dangerous than firearms.

Let's be a little more inclusive here:

Government officials - elected and unelected -
are infinitely more dangerous than firearms.

I'll NEVER vote Dem on the national level, but there are some in my state that are far more pro-gun than the RINO's (just not in my area).

motoman
November 12, 2004, 12:53 AM
Ryder's evil gun!

38SnubFan
November 12, 2004, 01:27 AM
I "third" Ryder's nomination.

Brian Dale
November 12, 2004, 01:57 AM
Respectfully, Preacherman, I have a correction to offer:

The canonical reaction to BB guns is "you'll put your eye out."

Please forgive me. :neener:

joe sixpack
November 12, 2004, 02:03 AM
The AR and in particular the AK 47 or 74, the media brings out footage of the North Hollywood Bank America shootout whenever gun control is brought up in LA.

You know how your local news station occasionally loses their focus on the daily mind numbing carnage and tragedy and during that brief respite as they segway over to the weather they may play images of the seasons, like if it is late winter images of melting ice and snow flow into a small stream, or if it's fall images of trees turning colors? Here they show the black hooded robbers with the large drum clip equipped AK 74 on full auto sauntering through the police in the parking lot like it's an early Sunday afternoon and they're out checking the wares of a rummage sale. I think they do it to get the ban guns season underway.

cynically joe

GOT
November 12, 2004, 02:06 AM
Like whats already been said, "guns are NOT evil". They are inanimate objects. But of course humans like to give objects a behavioral identity of many sorts, out of convenience and comfort (and it seem the more ignorant the person, the more its done).

So I'd say that full auto and class 3 weapons are should be regulated, to a minimal degree.

Besides that, I think all dogs, cats and anything that may harm a human in any possible way ought to be banned immediately and that includes life, because it kills us, its out to get us all!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE... RIGHT NOW!

:p

TK73
November 12, 2004, 02:30 AM
Doesn't matter. A gun is a gun is a gun. The mental attitude of the person behind is what counts. I bet it's equally as pointless for a staunch anti-gunner. I doubt, he'll ever stop even if all of the guns from the list above are outlawed. That's the reason why we should never give up any particular type of firearm easily.

wasrjoe
November 12, 2004, 02:31 AM
Wow, apparently a lot of people do NOT understand the point of this thread. :scrutiny:

Black Majik
November 12, 2004, 03:14 AM
Whatever I cant get here... :cuss:

EBR's, StreetSweepers. Full auto fun guns... damn...

I voted for EBR's though, everyone calls em' assault weapons. I've never heard anyone call a desert eagle an assault weapon. :D

homeka45
November 12, 2004, 04:00 AM
One that goes "ClicK" when you pull the trigger. :mad:

The Grand Inquisitor
November 12, 2004, 04:22 AM
I voted for the "Street Sweeper" style automatic shotguns. Things like the CAWS and Jackhammer seem to really be "destructive devices" and are well within the regulated limits.

TechBrute
November 12, 2004, 08:50 AM
Wow, apparently a lot of people do NOT understand the point of this thread. :scrutiny:
Thank you! I thought I was losing my mind (more than usual.) :D It seems to be mostly people with around 100 posts, too. Not that it indicates anything, I just noticed the trend.

mfree
November 12, 2004, 09:08 AM
Gun == chunk of metal.

perry1963
November 12, 2004, 09:57 AM
I voted for "GUNS THAT CAN SHOOT DOWN SATELLITES", because Time Warner Cable service is the worst and i want to shoot down there satellite :cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Pure speculation..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!