Taurus 415 .41 Magnum Snub

PDA

ColtBRH
November 11, 2004, 02:55 PM
Does anyone have one of these? How is the recoil, accuracy, and reliability?

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 415 .41 Magnum Snub" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bnormal2
November 11, 2004, 09:04 PM
I've got one that's ported. Recoil isn't bad at all. It groups about 1 1/2" at 30 feet. The only problem with mine is that it shoots low and right about 4 inches. I haven't gotten around to sending back to taurus to have the sights fixed. It does have a lifetime warranty that's transferable which is a big plus. It's a good gun for home defense but I wouldn't want to carry it for any length of time. Hope that helps.

Erich
November 11, 2004, 10:07 PM
I posted a moderately brief comment on my 415Ti in response to your thread at TFL. As I did there, I would encourage you to run a search here at THR on "415" to get a lot more info.

sctman800
November 13, 2004, 12:17 PM
Got one, really like it it is the stainless model. I think they are all ported and that probably adds a lot to the shootability of that caliber in such a short barrel. Mine shoots a little to the right, but not enough to hurt since I consider it a defensive gun. I credit this gun with my reloading start after realizing the cost and availability of factory ammo in my area. Fairly hard to find and not cheap, a box of 50 $26 on up. I also like the .41mag and later added a Blackhawk in the same caliber. I did have one problem early on that is fine now, but I would recommend you check out. The pin that locks the cylinder into the back of the frame would bind up and stick in a retracted position so it would no longer lock the cyl. Taurus seemed to understand the problem so it was probably not uncommon. They sent me a new pin, had it installed by a local gunsmith and no more problems. Check this pin with a magnet, the origonal was not magnetic (probably 300 stainless steel) the new one is magnetic, appears to be hardened carbon steel. If it is the nonmagnetic I would call Taurus and ask for a replacement pin, if it is magnetic you should be good to go. Jim.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 415 .41 Magnum Snub" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!