Finally Got My C&R License...

PDA

cslinger
February 27, 2003, 11:48 AM
and it only took 85 days to file. Geesh, you'd think I was some kind of gun runner or something. My record consists of a single speeding ticket and a repair order ticket when I was 18.

Anyhoo, I got my license but I ain't gots no money to buy anything.
:(

So anyway what would be your first.
Yugo SKS
Colt Sistema
Walther P1/38
Enfield Jungle Carbine
Nagant Rifle and Carbine combo.

Anyway if anybody else is waiting in TN you now know how long my license took to get to me.

Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally Got My C&R License..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jsalcedo
February 27, 2003, 12:04 PM
sistema.

Its like going back 50 years and buying a new
colt or better. The way they used to make em.

Oh yeah grind down the hammer about 1/8inch
and buy some chip McCormick power mags.

Do not buy the $6.95 mags from Billy Bobs surplus
look what the cat drug in sale.

Best of luck with your C&R I just got mine too
but no money to buy anything either.

jimcon
February 27, 2003, 12:30 PM
The C & R FFL is great. I got mine about a year ago in about 70 days. Remember that this is a FFL and that a FFL is all you need to get dealer prices from Brownells and several parts suppliers. I saved the price of the C & R in the first few weeks after gettibg it on normal purchases from Brownells.

Kharn
February 27, 2003, 01:30 PM
Oh yeah grind down the hammer about 1/8inch
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! :barf:

Kharn

Mastrogiacomo
February 27, 2003, 01:49 PM
Get the Sistema -- and don't touch anything!:eek: It's beautiful AS IS. :D When you get a little money, look into a Beretta & H&K (yes, get them both...;) ) and then maybe check into a Sig or another gun if you're still interested. Congrats on the permit. By the way, I waited several months until I could afford something too. Doesn't it just stink having the permit with nothing to show for it?:banghead:

Blackcloud6
February 27, 2003, 02:14 PM
Ditto on the Sistema. Great gun for the price and these seem to go on and off the market now and then. I think the others will always be availalbe for awhile.

Justin
February 27, 2003, 02:36 PM
Just out of curiosity, who's selling the Sistema's these days? I can't seem to find them on any of the surplus gun websites.

Kharn
February 27, 2003, 03:21 PM
www.militaryshooters.com has a bunch (website says 40) for $325+shipping (which was $30 UPS for me), I ordered one a few days ago and am now playing "catch the UPS man" to get my hands on it.

Kharn

jsalcedo
February 27, 2003, 03:48 PM
The only reason I say grind the hammer
is because it is sharpened like a knife blade
and cuts the shooter behind the thumb.

I tried for a year to get used to the stock hammer
and all I have to show for it is a scar about
the size of a dime on the back of my hand.

Kharn
February 27, 2003, 04:01 PM
I do not believe the hammer is supposed to be sharp; some shooters do complain about the pinching between the grip safety and the hammer, on the other hand.

Kharn

Chipperman
February 27, 2003, 04:19 PM
"look into a Beretta & H&K"

What H&K's are C&R eligible?
I did not see any on the list I have.

Just sent out my C&R appl yesterday. :D

jsalcedo
February 27, 2003, 04:19 PM
Its because the Argentine sistema used the
exact specs and drawings for the 1927 Colt 1911A1

Unfortunately this included a hammer that was
wide and sharp and a undersized beavertail.

Check out the pic.

Kharn
February 27, 2003, 04:23 PM
Ouch, I see what you mean. That hammer will teach anyone to use a low-hold very quickly...

Kharn

Mordwyn
February 27, 2003, 05:10 PM
www.Cruffler.com are now order takers for a JLD Enterprises. They are showing the Sistema Colts for $300.00 plus shipping. This is for what they call Grade 1, and have lower prices for lower grades.

They have a full explination and list other South American 1911 variants at http://www.cruffler.com/JLD.html

Kharn
February 27, 2003, 05:42 PM
Mordwyn: Do they have Sistemas in stock? I ordered from militaryshooters because I'd heard of a several month wait from Cruffler at times.

Kharn

DonP
February 27, 2003, 05:48 PM
I've had my C&R for almost a year and have already filled 2 gun cabinets with "must have" mil surp's.

Just kiss your bank account farewell now and be done with it.

Don P.

Mordwyn
February 27, 2003, 06:06 PM
I can't say, I'm still in saving and shopping mode, looking to see what's out there and what I need to save for.

I can only say that Cruffler lists them on the web page but makes no mention of inventory.

If Cruffler is going to make me wait months then I'll follow you and go to military shooters.

Edited to Add:

I just fired off a note to JLD@Cruffler.com. As soon as I get an answer I'll post the results.

cwalker3
February 27, 2003, 06:18 PM
Congratulations cslinger. Don't feel bad, I waited almost three months myself a couple of years ago. Maybe it depends on who processes your app. Who knows.

My first purchase was a Romanian SKS and then a M48A. As far as your list is concerned, if you can indeed find that Sistema, jump on it. I missed out on the last batch and have been looking hard for a while now.

Even though you don't have the money to buy anything, you can still get ready by sending signed copies of your license to every C & R dealer you can find. That way by the time you have a little cash, you'll be ready.

Oh and by the way, DO NOT SIGN THE ORIGINAL LICENSE. Only sign the copies, and then in an ink color other than black.

Jason Demond
February 27, 2003, 07:23 PM
C&R forum (http://pub109.ezboard.com/bparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums)

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally Got My C&R License..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!