Bogie's Bunker Upgrade

PDA

bogie
February 27, 2003, 01:41 PM
My Bass Shakers arrived!

If you've never heard of these, they're little modules, which are basically constructed like subwoofer speakers, but without the sound producing stuff - they only play the frequencies below 100hz - which means that they're only active when stuff is really booming. Which means that when a mortar shell goes off next to you when you're watching Saving Private Ryan, when T-Rex stomps in Jurrasic Park, or when you're depth charged in U571, you FEEL it.

Tonight I'm going to bolt 'em to the bottom of my couch, and get 'em hooked up. Then my friend Kay is going to be coming over this weekend for a movie.

Now for the important question - Should I warn people about it BEFORE the firefight starts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bogie's Bunker Upgrade" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
February 27, 2003, 01:48 PM
Naaaah, let'em be surprised..:D

OBTW, how's that camo wall paper coming along.:p

bogie
February 27, 2003, 03:29 PM
I'm not going to put the camo paper up in the apartment - the landlord might decide that something was a little "different" and feel obliged to investigate further. Like into the reloading area... Or figure out that Bogie's Ammo Dump may be the reason that the building is settling...

(an aside - it's amazing how many .30 ammo cans, boxes of shotgun shells or .22LRs one can store on a shelf BEFORE one puts the books on so as to maintain, on first glance, a "normal" appearance. I own a LOT of books. And heavy duty bookshelves.)

Okay, I won't tell her. Guys, if you don't see me again, you know why - the folks who made it to KCR this past fall know that Kay isn't the most shy and retiring person in existance...

Betty
February 27, 2003, 04:19 PM
Subwoofers in General Gun Discussions?

Bogie! :p

Just for that, here's a pic of my new spider:

WARNING! SPIDER PHOTO (http://www.olegvolk.net/newphotos/tn2/eastafrican_s.jpg)

If you enjoyed reading about "Bogie's Bunker Upgrade" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!