Bushy Carbine pre '94 whats it worth?

PDA

popeye
November 14, 2004, 02:39 PM
I have to sell some stuff. I see unemployment in near future. I've got a Bushmaster Carbine "preban" (I know no such thing) with an 11.5 in barrel and 4.5" flashider. Along with comes a 20" upper 1:7 and Fullsize stock, w/buffer (no bolt or charging handle for 20") . 20" has Colt barrel and FN reciever. I've got 3-4 30 rd. mags and 2 20's. The gun and all parts are original grey green, not black.. VERY low round count through gun. Do you think $1200 is fair for all or too high/low?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bushy Carbine pre '94 whats it worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Redlg155
November 14, 2004, 03:10 PM
The Bushy AR15 would be worth about $700 since there is no federal AW ban in effect anymore. However, there are still some states that have their own state laws that would make a pre ban a bit more valuable. Had you sold this weapon a year ago you would have gotten twice as much.

As for the second upper with the FN upper reciever and Colt barrel it would be a bit more difficult to guage what value it has due to the limited information. Is is a pre ban, heavy or pencil barrel, civilian or military barrel? There was a discussion a ways back on whether or not FN produced uppers for civilian sales, with the general concensus being, no, none were produced for the civilian market. If it is a true FN with a Colt barrel then it is possible that you have one of the M16 uppers. Those aren't particularily valuable since the round count would be typically very high. A guess on your upper with no bolt /chargin handle would be about $250.

The full size stock isn't particularily valuable these days as well. A new one will run about $55.00. A lot of folks have extra ones around due to the popularity of collapsible stocks. So I'd figure about $30.00.

Depending on your location I could see you getting about $950-$1000 for everything.

Good Shooting
Red

Onmilo
November 14, 2004, 03:17 PM
Mags and all $1200 might be fair.
Getting somebody to turn loose of the money in these trying times might be tough.
You should turn it quickly at $900-$1000 don't go any lower.
What you have is worth that.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bushy Carbine pre '94 whats it worth?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!