Price of AK 47s?

PDA

drf
November 15, 2004, 05:08 PM
I live in Michigan, what can I expect to pay for an AK47?
Also, am I correct in the caliber of 7.62X39....Thanks!drf

If you enjoyed reading about "Price of AK 47s?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sleeping Dog
November 15, 2004, 05:31 PM
It seems like the Romanian SAR-1's are going for 280-320, somewhere in there. Other types can be much higher, especially the older ones with milled receivers.

Yes, 7.62x39 is the usual round for these, though 5.45x39 and 5.56x45 versions are also available if you look for them. AK47's were originally designed around the 7.62x39.

Regards.

BryanP
November 15, 2004, 05:32 PM
It depends on the model / manufacturer. You should be able to pick up a WASR-10 hi-cap for $300ish I own one and it works quite well. You can go up from there all the way to the high-end VEPR and Robarm products.

GigaBuist
November 15, 2004, 07:12 PM
Hey, drf, what area? I'm in Grand Rapids myself.

I've bought to Century Arms Imports before for $300 -- one an Egyptian Maadi and also a WASR-10 at the Deltaplex gun show. Look around a bit and you'll find a $300 table somewhere, most are $350 though. Bring cash though, because the guys with the best prices usually tack on 3% for check or credit card. Bring about $430 and you should be able to walk out with a rifle, 2 30 round magazines, and 1,000 rounds of Wolf ammo when all the taxes are paid up and such.

$300 Rifle
$20 for 2 mags
$80 for ammo
------------------
$400 + tax = $424.

God Bless America.

drf
November 16, 2004, 06:48 PM
I'm from southeastern Michigan, south of Detroit.

Is the wolf ammo alright to use in an SKS and AK47?

I have used it in my handguns in the past only 50-100rds of it and many say its not very good for the gun because of the steel casings.

I have had the SKS for many many yrs, and have less than 50 rds through it...
I would like to have the AK47 just to fill an emtpy space in my safe..

Also, What should I look for or name brand for a good AK47?
Which brands should I stay away from?

Wasnt the original made in Russia?drf

LiquidTension
November 17, 2004, 01:02 AM
A GOOD AK? Norincos are pretty good. If you just want a functional one, any of them should be fine. My SAR is a Century, and my 84S is a Norinco. The fit, finish, action, trigger, and overall quality are much better on the Norinco, but it's a much more expensive gun (pre-89 import ban, .223).

wasrjoe
November 17, 2004, 01:59 AM
I'm from southeastern Michigan, south of Detroit.

Is the wolf ammo alright to use in an SKS and AK47?

I have used it in my handguns in the past only 50-100rds of it and many say its not very good for the gun because of the steel casings.

I have had the SKS for many many yrs, and have less than 50 rds through it...
I would like to have the AK47 just to fill an emtpy space in my safe..

Wolf works perfectly in Russian guns - especially the AK and SKS. I am not sure about whether or not it's OK for your handguns. Depends what type of handguns they are, what you use them for, all that. But to be honest it would probably be fine.

Also, What should I look for or name brand for a good AK47?
Which brands should I stay away from?

All of them are good, in my opinion. Biggest difference is fit and finish. You would be fine getting a Romanian - it'll be either an SAR-1 or a WASR-10. Make sure the sights and gas block aren't canted (crooked) on the Romanian ones and you'll be fine. To be quite honest I haven't heard of anyone having this problem in a while. But as long as you get to inspect the AK, make sure everything looks straight and fine, you'll get a good AK. :) The design is a great one, it's really hard to eff it up.

Wasnt the original made in Russia?drf

Aye.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price of AK 47s?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!