Student Sues to Pose with Gun in Yearbook

PDA

RealGun
November 16, 2004, 08:44 AM
Fox story (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138671,00.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "Student Sues to Pose with Gun in Yearbook" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Waitone
November 16, 2004, 10:23 AM
I think the NRA is involved.

WT
November 16, 2004, 10:29 AM
Don't waste my NRA dues on some kid.

Dean C
November 16, 2004, 11:45 AM
Check TFL. This has been around awhile.
dean

RealGun
November 16, 2004, 12:20 PM
Check TFL. This has been around awhile.
dean

Not as a federal court case.

kwelz
November 16, 2004, 02:44 PM

I Don't consider this a waste at all. This is exactly the kind of thing the NRA should be fighting for. Sometimes we see the big issues and forget that the small ones like this are just as important in the long run.

flatrock
November 16, 2004, 03:47 PM

I strongly disagree with this sentiment. The liberal propogands that guns are inherently evil and must not be spoken about in our schools is an attack on our 2nd ammendment rights that we can't afford to ignore.

Our children are being taught that no one should own a gun, and that there are no justified reasons to own a gun.

They are being taught that shooting sports are not real sports, but are the hobbies of bloodthirsty extremists that would rather be shooting other people than paper targets.

The indoctrination of our children with irrational fear based on scare tactics and flagrantly scewed statistics needs to be stopped.

Connecticut Yankee
November 16, 2004, 06:25 PM
Penny Dean is the lawyer handling this case. You can contribute to the Blake Douglass Legal Fund at: Penny Dean, 59 Warren Street, Concord NH 03301. Please note on the check that it is for the Blake Douglass Legal Fund.

This contact information is from a long article/report in Firearms&Freedom, the journal of GO-NH, Fall/Winter 2004. The article is only in the print copy but you can contact GO-NH at 603-225-4664, they may have reprints.

AZRickD
November 16, 2004, 06:38 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/images/144707/0_21_yearbook_gunphoto.jpg

Sergeant Bob
November 16, 2004, 06:58 PM
I strongly disagree with this sentiment. The liberal propogands that guns are inherently evil and must not be spoken about in our schools is an attack on our 2nd ammendment rights that we can't afford to ignore.

Our children are being taught that no one should own a gun, and that there are no justified reasons to own a gun.

They are being taught that shooting sports are not real sports, but are the hobbies of bloodthirsty extremists that would rather be shooting other people than paper targets.

The indoctrination of our children with irrational fear based on scare tactics and flagrantly scewed statistics needs to be stopped.

Right on the money!

The children are our future. Look at many other nations with their draconian gun laws and how most of the people there just accept them as normal.
It's because they have never known it to be any other way.

Our children are being constantly bombarded with anti gun propoganda, the effects of which we may not see for years. But it will have an effect.

Standing Wolf
November 16, 2004, 07:04 PM

I was "some kid" just a few decades ago.

November 16, 2004, 07:51 PM
Liberals need to be taken to task every time something like this occurs.
How about an analogy: what if the school decided that it was evil and wrong to have black students pictured in their yearbook ? Think someone might say something about that ? Well to me, this is no different. And our response should be no different. I am real tired of gun owners being treated as outcasts or lepers.

SodiumBenzoate
November 16, 2004, 08:05 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/images/144707/0_21_yearbook_gunphoto.jpg

Is it even possible to have a more PC picture of someone with a firearm!?

Fletchette
November 16, 2004, 11:20 PM
Kudos to the man (last time I looked it up, 18 was considered an adult).

I wish I had done something like that when I graduated high school.

Gunsnrovers
November 16, 2004, 11:40 PM
What exactly are your NRA dues for then?

This is a great cause for the NRA and local shooting organizations. Youth shooting programs need as much help as they can get.

Stevie-Ray
November 16, 2004, 11:55 PM
Liberals need to be taken to task every time something like this occurs.
How about an analogy: what if the school decided that it was evil and wrong to have black students pictured in their yearbook ? Think someone might say something about that ? Well to me, this is no different. And our response should be no different. I am real tired of gun owners being treated as outcasts or lepers.Extremely well put. I cannot add to that at all.

RealGun
November 17, 2004, 08:18 AM
If he was on an Olympic team, very PC, they would be falling all over each other to take some credit for his accomplishments. They would think it especially important for him to be pictured this way, plus his trophies, medals, etc. Someone is just dead wrong and not willing to back down.

I would congratulate him for pursuing the matter in court and NRA for providing any support possible.

He should ask John Kerry for an endorsement. They both like shotguns, right? I mean, if it's good enough to solicit votes......

Imagine ACLU getting involved. That would be a good one. Hypocrites!

November 17, 2004, 08:41 AM
To basically repeat what I said before: if the left thought that they were being singled out or excluded in any way, shape, or form, the would run to a tilecrawler instantly. They would make sure the incident received extensive news coverage and make sure the event stayed in the news. It doesn't even matter what happened, if anything, they would take maximum advantage of it and give it the full court press.
Gun owners on the other hand would allow themselves to be cornered like a whipped dog and just sit there and take it.
Why ?
What do you think this behavior has gained us over the last thirty years ?
Do you think that they are playing the system, or are we ?
Who is winning this battle ?
What have you done to improve things ?
When you read this, did you do anything about your feelings or just continue to lay in the corner and take it ?

FPrice
November 17, 2004, 09:08 AM
Its very possible that the NRA is involved through the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund:

http://www.nradefensefund.org/

Chartered in 1978, the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund underwrites precedent-setting legal action in defense of the right to keep and bear arms; provides legal counsel, advice and/or financial assistance to citizens whose Second Amendment rights or related rights have been violated; and commissions scholarly studies and educational programs on the Second Amendment for use in high-level judicial proceedings.

RealGun
November 17, 2004, 09:33 AM
If in the First Congressional District of New Hampshire, US House rep. Jeb Bradley might be helpful with an A rating from GOA. Senator John Sununu would be another possibility (B rating, obviously a Republican).

If you enjoyed reading about "Student Sues to Pose with Gun in Yearbook" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!