Prepared-ness update

PDA

yy
February 27, 2003, 07:10 PM
How are you preparing for life's little messes?

I hope to gain from wisdom here. I'll start...

Home defense: secluded neighborhood, armed security response, alarm, defense gun

Court defense: working on getting to know specialty defense attorneys for issues arising from home defense

quake defense: house made of metal and plaster instead of wood and plaster

fire defense: green zone around house

disaster defense: batteries, water, dry foods, oil lamps

commute defense: drive in condition orange, or I prefer to call it the spot-the-reckless-driver-coming-up-behind-me game. Or awareness-driving. Spots the speed trap easily enough. :)

theft defense: blind spot. I have none.

personal defense: cell phone with 911 hot button while I duke it out with would-be mugger. -- yes, singular, because CAL does not allow me to defend myself with more effective means. Brown belt in tae kwon do (I laugh at myself)

sickness defense: herbal foods as subscribed from chinese herbalist. (note, as opposed to chinese herbal medicine, these foods are good for daily consumption), organic foods

wallet defense: cook at home. few movies, fewer musicals

rain defense: none. this is southern california, enough said.

breakdown defense: emergency supply in trunk.

OK, I hope we get a collection of ideas from everyone. Share your thoughts.

If you enjoyed reading about "Prepared-ness update" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
labgrade
February 27, 2003, 07:32 PM
Mostly, "don't even go there" if you can help it. I'm lucky & work outa the house, & we're way CO rural.

"fire/disaster" defense = seems like you got a handle on it.

Being in So Cal, I think your work is cut out for you. Can't envy you, all told - geographics can suck.

Other than trying to do all the right things, sounds like you're hosed due to location. & you sound like you're all set except for where you're at ....

SHTF & anything way city-like'll liikely go southh toot-sweet ....

Sorry.

Move rural.

If you enjoyed reading about "Prepared-ness update" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!