What exactly can you do with a C&R license?

PDA

Lord Soth
February 27, 2003, 07:24 PM
What exactly does a C&R license allow one to do? Does it allow one to waive the signoff and or tax on "antique" nfa weapons?

If you enjoyed reading about "What exactly can you do with a C&R license?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jack19
February 27, 2003, 07:32 PM
Very basically, it allows you to buy weapons greater than 50 years old, or placed on the C&R list by BATmen, and have them shipped directly to your residence. According to BATFE, "The sole intent and purpose of the collector's license is to enable a firearms collector to obtain a curio or relic from outside his or her State of residence."

It also allows you to be broke a lot of the time.

Okay here ya go...if I understand what you're asking correctly....about antiques (pre1898 weapons) only.

9. Antique Firearms Under The GCA, NFA and the Arms Export Control Act.

"An antique firearm as defined in both (emphasis theirs) the GCA and NFA is exempt from all of the provisions and restrictions contained in both laws. Consequently, such an antique forearm may be bought, sold, transported, shipped, etc., without regard to the requirements of these laws."

This should not be construed as legal advice. Get yourself a copy of the latest "Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide." The passage I quoted was on page 120 of the ATF P5300.4 (01-00) edition.

Hkmp5sd
February 27, 2003, 07:52 PM
It does not waive the CLEO autograph or tax stamp on NFA weapons. However, you can have them shipped to your house once the paperwork clears.

In some states, the only machineguns that are allowed are the ones listed as C&R.

Kharn
February 27, 2003, 08:53 PM
It lets you go very, very broke, without making your local dealer rich, when buying old guns.

Kharn

Greg L
February 27, 2003, 09:18 PM
It also allows you to go very broke while collecting (or accumulating according to my other half) a much larger quantity of arms than you would buying them at retail.

If you have ANY interest in getting an old military rifle anytime in the next three years it is well worth getting. The $30 fee is easily saved on your first order and anything over that is just gravy.

Greg

berettaman
February 27, 2003, 09:40 PM
What exactly can you do with a C&R license?

You can no longer be accused of owning a "cache" or an "arsenal" of weapons! You now have a "Collection":D

TexasVet
February 27, 2003, 09:45 PM
And it's a government APPROVED collection! Bet that tees Fineswine off!

Calanctus
February 27, 2003, 10:27 PM
Also important; a C&R license allows you to get a discount at Brownell's, Midway. etc. A friend's C&R paid for itself in his first order, and got both of us into reloading.

CZ-75
February 28, 2003, 12:31 AM
Deplete your bank account. ;)

WhoKnowsWho
February 28, 2003, 09:20 AM
You can get a discount at Midway's? Wow... maybe I will get my C&R then...

ocabj
February 28, 2003, 12:11 PM
In California, a C&R lets you purchase handguns with sequential serial numbers, and not be subject to the 1 gun every 30 days clause.

El Tejon
February 28, 2003, 12:49 PM
Well, I can do a crane, a penguin, a duck and a seahorse.

DFBonnett
February 28, 2003, 04:45 PM
Here in Nazi Jersey, nothing. Pantloads at the State Sturmabteilung (Police) don't "recognize' it. A C&R is too small to use for wallpaper and too stiff to use as toilet paper, so in NJ it is totally useless.

If you enjoyed reading about "What exactly can you do with a C&R license?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!