New Member Exordium

November 16, 2004, 08:55 PM
Hello all. Finally got around to registering here, after hearing about the forum a lot. I'm a mobile locksmith so I spend (waste) time on the internet a lot between calls, and at night, as I work my part-time job as an insomniac. I've also got a new, but full-blown problem having to do with M1911's, so I've been spending a lot of (too much) time at I'm prone to giving my opinion, but I do think first. Unfortunately, it's not possible on the internet to make oneself welcome without first making oneself at home. I hope not to step on any toes by posting strong opinions with the NOOB title showing under my username. Maybe I can break the ice by offering a gun pic, in lieu of flowers or wine. Here's my Springfield Mil Spec, named Valentine, because I bought her (my wife let me buy her) on Valentine's Day:

If you enjoyed reading about "New Member Exordium" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
Larry Ashcraft
November 16, 2004, 09:00 PM
Welcome from a long time 1911forum member (TrophyShop over there).

Brian Dale
November 16, 2004, 11:53 PM
Welcome aboard, Seraph! Our toes are mostly pretty tough, anyway - don't worry too much about it. Posting pictures of nice pistols is the way to a lot of hearts around here.

November 17, 2004, 12:23 AM
Wow. Only two welcomes so far? That's unusual.

Welcome to THR!

Double Maduro
November 17, 2004, 12:33 AM

Don't worry too much about stepping on toes, we pretty much all wear steel toed shoes.

Welcome to THR.

November 17, 2004, 01:16 AM
Welcome to THR Seraph :D

Strong opinions are better then weak ones.

November 17, 2004, 01:39 AM
Howdy and since no ones mentioned it yet.... new guy buys the ammo :D

November 17, 2004, 01:50 AM
welcome to the site, lots of good people here. Sit back and enjoy!

November 17, 2004, 02:05 AM
HEY ! Welcome !

Another opinion is always welcome . Well, maybe I should say

tolerated by many ! ;)

November 17, 2004, 03:41 AM
Welcome Seraph.
Everybody here gets to have an opinion, even if it's wrong.

November 17, 2004, 03:55 AM
If you vote to keep my sig I wont be mean to you

November 17, 2004, 08:50 AM
Welcome to THR! :)

November 17, 2004, 08:58 AM
Welcome Seraph!

Anyone who starts out by posting apic of a 1911-style pistol is okay in my book.

November 17, 2004, 09:30 AM
Hi, glad you're here and the new guy does buy ammo. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "New Member Exordium" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!