Profiles from the Frontline

PDA

trvlr905
February 27, 2003, 09:00 PM
Hey, is anyone watching "Profiles from the Frontline" on ABC? Seems pretty good, I especially liked the part about the Navy's VBSS team on the suspected smuggling tanker. They seemed pretty good, but I know we could do it better. :D Why? 'Cause we're the Coast Guard and we do it all the time. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Profiles from the Frontline" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PAshooter
February 27, 2003, 09:25 PM
Just finished watching it. I won't comment on your Coast Guard vs Navy observation :) but really enjoyed the show. Interesting to see an unbiased, no-bs look at what some of our guys are doing out at the pointy end of the spear. God bless 'em.

This is reality TV - forget all that other garbage on the tube these days.

trvlr905
February 27, 2003, 09:28 PM
MDshooter, I hear you about this being the best reality TV out there. Now there's something that I actually like watching on ABC.

10-Ring
February 28, 2003, 12:12 AM
Just finished watching it. Really helped to personalize the men & women over there taking the lead rolein fighting this war vs. terrorism...God bless them ALL!

Blackhawk
February 28, 2003, 02:17 AM
ABC isn't welcome 'round here, but neither is CBS or NBC.

Big_R
February 28, 2003, 05:23 AM
I couldn't help but get a bit choked up when they showed footage of the soldier saying goodbye to his pregnant wife. Kinda hits ya hard.

I'm not much of a praying man, but I did a little.

Ryan

UnknownSailor
February 28, 2003, 06:58 AM
I saw it. Loved the senior chief from the F-14 bubbas on the JFK.
Seeing the flight deck again, up close and personal, sure brings back some memories. Hopefully I'll get to go up on the roof at my next command.

/me crosses fingers.

PAshooter
February 28, 2003, 08:06 AM
Loved the senior chief from the F-14 bubbas on the JFK.

Ditto that. Now there's a man who loves his job... and is damned good at it, I suspect. Loved his comment to the effect that everything had to be perfect when the pilots come out and "strap those big johnsons on." :D

Rock and Roll!!!

ACP230
February 28, 2003, 01:27 PM
My 10 year-old son and I watched the first one, and are looking forward to the next. He knows almost all the planes and choppers we saw, and we both did pretty well IDing the guns.

The Hot Fuel Depot guy got to me. He got married three days before the attack on Sept. 11 and was working on Wall St. He had finished six years in the Army Reserve, but decided to go back into the service after the attack. A great American, I'd say.

Ebbtide
February 28, 2003, 02:57 PM
Why? 'Cause we're the Coast Guard and we do it all the time.

I don't think they were checking for a life vests, flares and a marine radio, eh? :D

I watched it with my anti-war brother who said it was all propaganda to encourage the war. I though it personalized war and was propaganda for the antis. I sumized it was fair and balanced.

However, I pointed out that the only reason my brother thought it was "pro-war" was because he secretly wanted to go overthere and fight. He admitted I was right.

trvlr905
February 28, 2003, 03:36 PM
I don't think they were checking for a life vests, flares and a marine radio, eh?

Oh, ha, ha! :D

"Good morning, sir, the Coast Guard is here to determine if you and your vessel are in compliance with the applicable laws and treaties for a vessel of this size." Or something like that. ;)

Schuey2002
February 28, 2003, 06:27 PM
It was worth it just to see all the Toyota Hilux's roamin' around the Afghan countryside.. Hehehe.

Back on topic.

The desert camo M4's were cool too..:p

If you enjoyed reading about "Profiles from the Frontline" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!