Colt SP-1 price check?

PDA

natedog
November 18, 2004, 09:55 AM
Now that the ban is over, what would be a fair price for a Colt SP-1? $1000?

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt SP-1 price check?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ALS
November 18, 2004, 10:44 AM
That is a little high for a SP1. $650-$750 would be more like it. I paid $650 for a C-AR SP1 10 years ago. A A2 is a better gun since it has the better rear sight and a forward assist for the bolt. My rear site is primative compared to the A2.

ScottsGT
November 18, 2004, 11:13 AM
Depends on if it was a pre '86. I THINK those can be legally converted to full auto with the class III tax? That might make it more valuable if it is true.

BigG
November 18, 2004, 11:20 AM
A A2 is a better gun since it has the better rear sight and a forward assist for the bolt. My rear site is primative compared to the A2. A matter of opinion, ALS. My take is the SP1 is all that and a bag of chips. You can keep the A2, forward assist, etc. Have both, know what I like.

cola8d8
November 18, 2004, 11:28 AM
Depends on if it was a pre '86. I THINK those can be legally converted to full auto with the class III tax? That might make it more valuable if it is true.

Not true. To "convert" it you would need a drop in auto sear (DIAS) or a "lightning link". Each of these is in itself, according to BATF, is a machine gun. So they can be placed in a post 86 AR also, does not matter.

BigG
November 18, 2004, 11:34 AM
BTW, I think $1000 would be a good deal. I believe they were recently being sold (after the ban) for $1300, if I'm not mistaken. WA would know. $699 sounds like a duress price to me but what do I know?

ALS
November 18, 2004, 12:52 PM
I just went over to Gun Broker.com and check out prices. 5 or 6 SP1's up for sale. Only one with a 37MM flare launcher has any bids. The top bid on that gun is $800. Anyone can put any price they want on a gun what they get is what a buyer is willing to pay. You should see how much the dealers want for one over at GunsAmerica.com. There are two private sellers that are asking under a grand for theirs.

Black Snowman
November 18, 2004, 01:09 PM
At a local shop one in 95+% condition with origional accessories went for $900 within 36 hours of being put up for sale. They're still trying to sell the Colt 2.5 power scope w/ bullet drop compensator that was with it for $225. I doubt they'll get close to that for it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt SP-1 price check?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!