looking for rifle sounds

PDA

loran_d
November 18, 2004, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone:
I am brand new to the forum.
I am looking for sounds of various weapons like M1 Garand, Lee-Enfield Mk4, M1 Carbine, Bren gun, Sten gun. Or any for that matter besides these.
Please help me out. Any video clips, recordings would make me ever so greatful.

I love these weapons but I live in Hungary where owning such is not legal let alone shooting at a range. I would love to see them in action and listen to them when they are fired.

Thanx guys.

Loran

If you enjoyed reading about "looking for rifle sounds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
shoobe01
November 18, 2004, 06:49 PM
Do you just want videos of machine guns firing for fun, or are you looking for professionally recorded isolated sounds of weapons for some specific purpose, like video game or movie production?

Both are readily available, but it depends what you want.

Badger Arms
November 18, 2004, 08:18 PM
Ed Clancy has an embedded sound on his web site: http://www.users.fast.net/~eclancy/ Not sure how computer saavy you are, but you can pull it off of there.

eclancy
November 19, 2004, 01:07 PM
loran_d,
if you check out my sites and that's a file you want I can email it to you. I must have email about 5000 of them. I should have sold the sound file not my books. I also have on cd which will play on any windows showing production and testing of the M1 Garand in about 1940. The sound file is free just email me. The cd costs. Thanks for the comeback Badger Arms.
http://www.garandm1rifle.com
http://www.users.fast.net/~eclancy
Thanks again for taking the time and effort to read and reply to this.
Clancy
ps all I ask is tell people where you got it. it helps people find out about my sites.

loran_d
November 20, 2004, 06:41 AM
Oh, wow! Thank you for the quick response.

shoobe01: I have worked from video clips the sound quaility of which were most often less then suitable and I had to digitally tune them until ripped them from the noise and hiss and all.
Any material is exciting one way or another but isolated recordings of certain weapons would be more then I have dreamed of all until now.
I work on sounds for FPS games and I work, as oppose to many sound technicians, with real sounds only which can be a bitch time after time.
If I could gather real sounds with your help I would consider myself endepted to you to a degree I would never be able to pay.
In short anything is a piece of jewel to me.
Mostly WW2 weapons but modern fireamrs too, although somehow i find more of those in hidden away little video clips, rifle range videos and stuff.

eclancy: thank you for your offer. I will definately put together a list if dont mind. You must have a bunch of stuff. The Garand sound is I bet made up from separate files (loading the clip, firing, spent clip ejected).

I am very much interested in firing and any related sounds of:
M1 Carbine
M1 Garand
BAR
Mauser
Lee Enfield
Springfield
StG44
Bren gun
Sten gun
MG34
M2 .50cal
. 30cal LMG
Thomspson
M3 Greaser
any Jap rifles (Arisaka perhaps)

explosion sounds even of WW2 or modern frags, potatomashers

So the list is just endless

Please estonish me with what you have and when you find the time.

Thanks again fellas,
Loran

loran_d
November 20, 2004, 09:32 AM
:banghead: Sorry guys, I was under the impression that my email address is accessible thru the forum.
In any case please contact me at

yukon@interware.hu

Loran

Harry Tuttle
November 20, 2004, 11:06 AM
check out www.accuratereloading.com 's videos

If you enjoyed reading about "looking for rifle sounds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!