Muslim conspiracy or the American dream?

PDA

Malice
November 18, 2004, 05:41 PM
Ok, so I live in a very diverse area of Texas (i.e. the Houston area) and my family is very moderate, though they may lean a bit to the left some of the time, and they certainly wish Kerry would have won the election.

There are lots of Muslims in our area. We are out in the suburbs, and they are generaly on the wealthy side. The older ones are immigrants, and their children were born here. We were having a discussion and my younger brother, who is in High School, says that the Arab and presumably Musslim kids always do well in school, study hard, go to the best colleges, etc.

What brought this discussion up was somthing my mother was telling us. She works (at the public school district) with a Muslim, formerly Pakistani woman who is now a citizen, and has several young kids. Obviously these people are not the fundamentalist types that exist in their countries of origin. Anyway, my mother and this woman were having a discussion and the woman told her that the general consensus among Mosques and Arab community groups is that there is a specific goal they are working towards. That being, they want to immigrate over here in larger and larger numbers, work hard, make lots of money, send their kids to the best schools, etc.

This sounds great, people coming to America to contribute to our society, to make the best of their lives. Much the same as my ancestors did.

The thing that unnerved my mother was that, according to the woman, the ultimate goal was to become the most influential minority in the country, and begin winning political offices, beginning with local offices and moving up in order to make the U.S. a more Islam-oriented place to be.

That is what kind of bothers me about the whole thing to. To move here to have a better life is one thing, but to move here with the premeditated intent to change the society to fit your own specific desires is, on some level I can't put my finger on, wrong.

What do you think? Is my uneasieness founded of am I/we just being intolerant? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Muslim conspiracy or the American dream?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
big poppa
November 18, 2004, 06:12 PM
ive said it more than once ,islam is a cult,they have-had long term goals ,what they want is global domination,they are patient,cunning,well organized and finaced.they know the only way to take this country is from the inside,i have seen video,s of american muslim ralley,s where the big pop from the crowd came when the speaker claims that one day america will be a muslim country!its the fastest growing religion in the world why?this started about 50 years ago when muslims felt the west was encroching on thier culture and way of life so they decided to fight back,please dont get me wrong, the people of that part of the world will smile to your face and stab you in the back,just look at the saudi,s claiming to be americas friend while the most radical and brutal form of islam is the state religion[wahobisum}if any of you have ever read the book"band of brothers" that they made a mini series out of, in the back they interviewed the members of easy co. they asked them to rate and give their opinion of all the people they met in europe and africa,arabs were at the bottom then the french{if you can, you have to read it ,i cant write it all here ,but to a man the opinions were the same and it wasnt flattering} :uhoh:

duckslayer
November 18, 2004, 06:14 PM
What exactly does a more Islam-oriented place to be mean? If it means they want to teach it in public schools, then I say no way. Obviously, any type of theocracy is unacceptable, but as far as them voting for people they feel will benefit them the most, isn't that what we all do?

HEiST
November 18, 2004, 06:19 PM
Nah, it's a religion of peace. Just ask whatshisname who helps run the site.

:rolleyes:

GoRon
November 18, 2004, 07:13 PM
You need to judge people individually. To lump all Muslims into the same group is shabby, shallow and wrong.

We demonstrate the superiority of the principles of Liberty by demonstrating the universal nature of these principles.

Knee jerk hatred of a "group" shows a lack of intellectual and moral maturity.

USMC_2674
November 18, 2004, 07:51 PM
I am constantly amazed at the incredible lack of understanding and intelligence that some people display on these websites.

Let me tell you from my own experience that Arabs are some of the nicest people in the world; far better than you'll find living in LA or Chicago or NY.

I grew up in Saudi Arabia. I am now in my late 20's and have spent MORE than half of my life in the middle east; part of it growing up, part of it as a United States Marine (growing up there, I speak fluent Arabic).

Just as the US has its wacko's, so does the middle east.

You really should be ashamed of your selves (obviously this only applies to the freaking idiots who are spouting such racists comments about Arabs)!

Semper Fidelis,

Kent

Standing Wolf
November 18, 2004, 08:22 PM
I have faith the second and third generation immigrants—the legal immigrants, I mean—will turn American and roll their eyes at the notions of old country types.

sonny
November 18, 2004, 08:36 PM
*shakes head*
Yeah.....us New Yorkers are such horrible people ....here we go again :confused:

Don Gwinn
November 18, 2004, 08:42 PM
His name is Derek Zeanah. He's not some guy who runs the server. He's my friend, and unless you're a pro-gun congressman he probably does a lot more for your rights than you do for or against his.

Or, Heist, just possibly, you've figured out Derek's little game. And yet you continue to use this website and thus to presume upon his generosity. Very noble of you, but as one of the people who contribute money and time so that The High Road can be provided for free to people who use it to sneer at its administrators, I must confess that I fear my response might be less than noble if I say more.

Therefore, I won't.

In the meantime, I'm going to close this thread in accordance with the Lawdog Doctrine. Feel free to complain, but before you do, read Big Poppa's post above and replace the word "Muslim" with the word "Jew." If that doesn't make a light come on, read it out loud with a German accent.

If you enjoyed reading about "Muslim conspiracy or the American dream?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!