Possibly a dumb question

PDA

ducktapehero
November 18, 2004, 10:01 PM
I love leverguns but I am not real familiar with the Savage 99. I really like the looks of them and one in 308 would be awesome. I'm aware that some came with detachable magazines and some had an internal rotary magazine. I'm assuming that you load those from the top. My question concerns the rotary magazine ones. I was wondering if there were a way to use stripper clips to load it. I know very little about this gun so if this is a dumb question be gentle with me. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Possibly a dumb question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave Markowitz
November 18, 2004, 10:03 PM
The only way to use a stripper clip would be to have some sort of custom made clip guide fabricated and attached to the receiver. In stock form you load the rounds singly.

Art Eatman
November 18, 2004, 11:51 PM
Anybody that ain't gentle will probably learn about how my Grammaw can read from the Scriptures...

:), Art

Sodbuster
November 19, 2004, 12:05 AM
FWIW there's a good Savage site with lots of 99 info at

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/Savage

If you enjoyed reading about "Possibly a dumb question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!