Clinton loses his cool (newsmax)

PDA

BeLikeTrey
November 19, 2004, 10:39 AM
Bill 'Captain Queeg' Clinton Threatens Peter Jennings

A paranoid-sounding Bill Clinton threatened ABC News anchorman Peter Jennings in an interview broadcast Thursday night, in a bizarre rant about his impeachment that laid bare the ex-president's persecution complex.

"You don't want to go here, Peter," Clinton warned, after Jennings told him that historians ranked him second to last of all presidents in terms of moral authority.

Story Continues Below

Squinting his eyes, an angry Clinton seethed, "You don't want to go here. Not after what you people did. And the way you - your network - what you did with Kenneth Starr. The way your people repeated every little sleazy thing he did. No one has any idea of what that's like."
The amazing exchange came after Clinton at first claimed he didn't care about the verdict of historians.

"I had more support from the world when I quit than when I started," he claimed. "And I will go to my grave being at peace about it. And I don't really care about what [the historians] think."

Immediately, Jennings challenged Clinton, all but calling him a liar.

"Oh, yes you do . . . Excuse me, Mr. President. I can feel it across the room. You care very deeply."

Jennings' challenge sent Clinton into a thinly veiled rage, prompting him to threaten, "You don't want to go here, Peter."

The full exchange went like this:

JENNINGS (Discussing rankings by presidential historians]: They gave you a forty-first in terms of moral authority - after Nixon.

CLINTON: They're wrong about that. You know why they're wrong about it? They're wrong about it.

JENNINGS: Why, sir?

CLINTON: Because we had $100 million spent against us in all these inspections . . . In spite of it all, you don't have any example where I ever lied to the American people about my job, where I have let the American people down. And I had more support from the world when I quit than when I started. And I will go to my grave being at peace about it. And I don't really care about what they think.

JENNINGS: Oh, yes you do.

CLINTON: They have no idea . . .

JENNINGS: Excuse me, Mr. President. I can feel it across the room. You care very deeply.

CLINTON: No, no. I care. I care. You don't want to go here, Peter. You don't want to go here. Not after what your people did. And the way you - your network - what you did with Kenneth Starr. The way your people repeated every little sleazy thing he did. No one has any idea of what that's like.

If you enjoyed reading about "Clinton loses his cool (newsmax)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigG
November 19, 2004, 10:49 AM
Cuck-oo !! :evil:

OF
November 19, 2004, 10:57 AM
It is the left's destiny to become unhinged on a national scale. Given enough pressure, they always come unglued.

It is their nature.

- Gabe

Rebar
November 19, 2004, 11:06 AM
Wasn't there an incident where a reporter asked Clinton a simple question, and Clinton became unglued and almost hit the guy?

Baba Louie
November 19, 2004, 11:08 AM
As much as I disliked Clinton's position on firearms ownership/the 2nd by law abiding Americans during his tenure, I do think that Jennings actions were questionable based on the reason he was in Little Rock and Clinton's recent heart surgery.

Lying under oath and getting caught must really suck. Or blow. Or whatever. When your Star investigator begins to go down path "A" and ends up on path "B" at the tune of ?$?, your impeachment ends up only half baked and you then pardon Marc Rich who gets his buddies to help fund your library... maybe the wrong questions were being asked at the wrong time.

Or not.

Skunkabilly
November 19, 2004, 11:41 AM
Peter Jennings...he's a part of that vast right wing conspiracy!

Greg L
November 19, 2004, 12:06 PM
Who would have thought that Peter Jennings would be the one to set off his next heart attack :D

El Tejon
November 19, 2004, 12:13 PM
"Today, Former Whig Party leader, William Jefferson Blythe Clinton denied that his party would become the next Democrat Party."

rick_reno
November 19, 2004, 12:33 PM
The Clinton's have a trail of people who threatened them meeting an early demise. Mr. Jennings might want to head back to his birthplace (Canada) and lay low for awhile.

Sam Adams
November 19, 2004, 02:20 PM
"...you don't have any example where I ever lied to the American people about my job, where I have let the American people down...."

Really? Being so stupid as to get caught getting a BJ in the Oval Office, and then getting caught lying about it under oath (and getting impeached for THAT) didn't let us down? Same for using Monica's Lewinsky as a humidor. I guess that makes sense, in a Clintonian way, depending upon what the meaning of the word "is" is.

What a freaking low-life scumbag. This proves it once and for all: once trailer trash, always trailer trash. I'm glad that Jennings called him on his reputation, and that the oaf took the bait, hook, line and sinker by getting P.O.'d. That was almost as dignified and revealing as the BJs and the humidor bit - almost.

JerryM
November 19, 2004, 02:41 PM
That is about the only thing that I could say hooray about Peter Jennings.

Clinton needs to be reminded and hounded about his conduct and his lack of repentance for the rest of his days.

Jerry

Rebar
November 19, 2004, 02:51 PM
To think, the man might, just might, be our next vice president...

itgoesboom
November 19, 2004, 02:56 PM
To think, the man might, just might, be our next vice president...

Don't count on it.

Just think from Hillary's position....

Would it be better to have Bill as your VP, or would it be better to have him have a "heart attack" 3 weeks before the election and expire.

She would garner all sorts of sympathy votes, and as rick_reno pointed out, there are a long line of bodies of people who got in Bill and Hillary's way. Don't think that Bill wouldn't be added to that list if Hillary thought it would help her win.

I.G.B.

SLCDave
November 19, 2004, 02:59 PM
Sam Adams said:
This proves it once and for all: once trailer trash, always trailer trash.

Is this your way of endearing yourself to THR members that ever have or currently live in trailers? The High Road man. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any respect for Clinton either, but choose your words a little more carefully.

mattf7184
November 19, 2004, 03:29 PM
CLINTON: They're wrong about that. You know why they're wrong about it? They're wrong about it.

Ummmm does this sound like bad logic to anyone else (circular reasoning)? lol :uhoh:
I was a good president because the world like me because I was a good president because I said so!

Hkmp5sd
November 19, 2004, 03:46 PM
"I had more support from the world when I quit than when I started,"
Got that right. I fully support his leaving and never supported his starting.

cuchulainn
November 19, 2004, 05:22 PM
Bill Clinton used to anger and disgust me. Now he just bores me. There's nothing so pathetic as a ham who's lost the limelight. I almost feel sorry for him ... almost.

bountyhunter
November 19, 2004, 05:42 PM
HA-HA! Sorry, I'll compose myself. It strikes me funny because it sounded like Clinton must have been reading the transcript of the interview that Barbra Walters did with Mel Gibson when he was out hawking his movie "Passion of the Christ". Mel's father had made some statement's espousing the Nazi cause in another interview, and Ms. Walter asked Mel if he would like to take the opportunity to clarify his position on those racist statements.

"Don't go there, Barbra! Don't go there! You're trying to drive a wedge between me and my father and it's not going to happen!"

For the record, Mel never did answer the question.... and his father IS a Nazi.

carpettbaggerr
November 19, 2004, 05:42 PM
To think, the man might, just might, be our next vice president... Nope, at least we don't have to worry about that. He's not eligible to be President anymore, so he can't be VP either.

bountyhunter
November 19, 2004, 05:44 PM
Bill Clinton used to anger and disgust me. Now he just bores me. Agreed. Somebody needs to tell him his 15 minutes are up.

Sactown
November 19, 2004, 06:17 PM
15 minutes are up ...yeah...that's what Monica said.

Man, that was in poor taste. (that's what Monica said)....ok...gotta stop. This is the High Road.

ACORN
November 19, 2004, 07:15 PM
"Don't go there, Barbra! Don't go there! You're trying to drive a wedge between me and my father and it's not going to happen!"

For the record, Mel never did answer the question.... and his father IS a Nazi.
Whether Mel Gibson's father is/was a Nazi is irrelevant. I'm sure he has strong feelings for his father good or bad. While he may love his father he may not like everything he has done. It's the same old story "Who ever is without sin", I myself have done some pretty stupid and downright shameful things in my younger years. My daughter shouldn't have to answer for my sins. That is for me and God to reckon with. No-one else.
If I am mis-interpreting the latter part of this quote I apologize.

Standing Wolf
November 19, 2004, 08:00 PM
He can say whatever he'd like; history, however, is going to record Snopes Clinton as one of America's very worst presidents.

discusser
November 19, 2004, 09:23 PM
Is there any video on the net of this?

OF
November 19, 2004, 09:41 PM
That man is such a narcissistic psycho.

- Gabe

deej
November 19, 2004, 09:48 PM
That man is such a narcissistic psycho.

Yeah, but what do you think about Clinton? :D

Pilgrim
November 19, 2004, 10:42 PM
My impression of bill clinton is that he would have been a very successful serial killer if he hadn't turned to politics.

Pilgrim

MM
November 19, 2004, 10:52 PM
At first blush, his response reminded me of a GunKid post...
SAtCong

Sean Cloherty
November 19, 2004, 11:39 PM
REBAR: I think this is the article you were referring to in your post:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=20765

gigmike
November 19, 2004, 11:54 PM
The interview was hilarious. For a second there I thought Jennings was getting scolded by his Kindergarten teacher!

Rebar
November 20, 2004, 12:37 AM
That's what I remembered, good job on the research.

Seems like old Bill, under that cool exterior, is seething with rage and pride.

hm
November 20, 2004, 02:19 AM
It's about time ol' Bill started giving the media back some of the cr*p it gave him in office. This guy gave us a roaring economy and relative peace. Too boring for the media, and too infuriating for the GOP. You go Bill!

Risasi
November 20, 2004, 02:38 AM
Ahem...

Bosnia, Mogadishu, Waco, which lead to Ok. City. Yeah relative peace...

As for the economy, I don't remember him doing anything but riding on the previous administration's gameplan.

Oh also don't forget the '94 AWB. He gave us that too...

Don't prop up a morally bankrupt individual and declare he should defend himself for getting boinked in his office (no wait, our office), then lying about it under oath.

agricola
November 20, 2004, 04:00 AM
Bosnia, Mogadishu, Waco, which lead to Ok. City. Yeah relative peace...

i presume then after another attack from al-Qaeda you will be calling for the withdrawl of US forces?

terrorists are scum, there was no excuse for Oklahoma City

jimpeel
November 20, 2004, 04:28 AM
CLINTON: They're wrong about that. You know why they're wrong about it? They're wrong about it.Is that classic Clintonese, or what? They're wrong because they're wrong. Why, because I say so.

ACORN
November 20, 2004, 08:25 AM
Don't forget about the first World Trade Center attack and the USS Cole. Both of those events went unanswered by "Ole Slick Willie".
The man was an embarassment to the high office held held.

DT Guy
November 20, 2004, 09:33 AM
We should all be glad for that interview.

We should be glad when people do stupid and crazy things: that's how we know who the stupid and crazy people are... :)

Larry

critter
November 20, 2004, 11:49 AM
CLASSIC egomaniacial slick willie! Sad thing is that some people fall for slimy vermin like him.

GhostRider-Nine
November 20, 2004, 03:08 PM
Is this your way of endearing yourself to THR members that ever have or currently live in trailers? The High Road man. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any respect for Clinton either, but choose your words a little more carefully.

Give me a break. I live in a mobile home park, and take NO OFFENSE at calling some people trailer trash. Hell some people probably think I am...so what?

Partisan Ranger
November 20, 2004, 04:44 PM
I'm hard right and dislike Clinton, although I don't foam at the mouth about it like some do. But boy, this guy is a true jerk and the most self-centered guy I've ever seen in high office. And delusional to boot. He never lied to the American people about his job? :rolleyes: No, he just lied about a personal matter to milliions of people while president and then lied about it under oath. No big deal. :rolleyes:

You can disagree with Bush on a lot and I do, but at least he doesn't act like the presidency is all about him and his personal aggrandizement.

psyopspec
November 20, 2004, 05:15 PM
Hopefully he continues to drag the family name through the mud - less chance of Hillary making a successful run in 08'.

Winnisimmet
November 20, 2004, 06:19 PM
Had quad cardiac by-pass myself about five years ago. If I looked as sick and failing as that miscreant clinton does a few weeks after surgery, somebody would have no doubt called the undertaker. He looks really BAD and to me that's a GOOD thing! LoL !!! My wife is a Cardiac CATH lab nurse and she was amazed too at how poorly clinton looks which seems worse than he appeared right after his by-pass deal.

Keep up the anti-clinton rhetoric and pillary hillary campaign running full throttle on the both of those vile bastards. Can't let those power made criminals get a real toe hold on the national political scene.

The grand scheme of the evil clinton vermin is to re-seize the White House in 2009. That Clinton Library & Peep Show debacle down in Bugtussle which was bankrolled by selling off presidential pardons and missile secrets to the red Chinese is HQ for Hillary's 2008 campaign. Hillary wants to be queen of the United States as an American soviet style republic.

Hope there are more interviews like that Jennings - clinton thing. Maybe that worthless white trash bastard will keel over and drop dead on national TV sooner than later. :neener: :neener: :neener:

Dbl0Kevin
November 20, 2004, 06:42 PM
Don't forget about the first World Trade Center attack and the USS Cole. Both of those events went unanswered by "Ole Slick Willie".

You're leaving out the Khobar Towers, US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania plus missing several opportunties to capture or kill Bin Laden because he didn't want to take the heat if something went wrong. Yeah what a great leader indeed. :rolleyes:

Monkeyleg
November 20, 2004, 06:45 PM
I saw the interview and was really surprised. First, surprised that Jennings would bring up the subject, especially considering that this was in the context of the opening of the Clinton library. I hate to side with Clinton, but Jennings' timing just seemed inappropriate.

Clinton surprised me, too. He's been asked virtually these same questions for years, and has been adept at handling them. Maybe he thinks it's time to act like the real Bill Clinton.

hm, if it were not for Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and companies like Cisco, Intel, Micron Technology, and others, there wouldn't have been the boom economy that we saw in the '90's. Contrary to popular opinion, Al Gore didn't invent the internet. Neither did WJC. They just happened to be there at the time, and at a time when the stock market was going gaga. They were also there when the stock market crashed, but that gets scant attention from Maureen Dowd & Co.

As for safety, 9/11 was the culmination of many years of planning based on many years of non-action on the part of Clinton, Bush 41, and even Reagan. It doesn't all fall on GW's shoulders.

ACORN
November 20, 2004, 07:34 PM
You're leaving out the Khobar Towers, US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania plus missing several opportunties to capture or kill Bin Laden because he didn't want to take the heat if something went wrong. Yeah what a great leader indeed.
Ahhhhh, but don't forget about those surgical missile strikes to take out a terrorist sand dune in Afghanistan and an aspirin factory in the Sudan. Yeah he showed 'em. :evil:

agricola
November 21, 2004, 05:30 AM
The man was an embarassment to the high office held held.

the first WTC attack would be the one that the conspirators were caught and imprisoned within eighteen months?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/26/newsid_2516000/2516469.stm

Sergeant Bob
November 21, 2004, 05:51 AM
the first WTC attack would be the one that the conspirators were caught and imprisoned within eighteen months?
Yes, they were caught. The problems lies in that it was treated as a law enforcement action. Once the perpetrators were caught he just sat back and admired the "good job" he did, while ignoring network of terrorists who trained and funded the scumbags.

cuchulainn
November 21, 2004, 06:27 AM
the first WTC attack would be the one that the conspirators were caught and imprisoned within eighteen months?Although the immediate cell was caught, the "army" (Al Quada) and the leader (bin Ladin) were virtually left alone to grow stronger -- and thus we see the problem in treating a terrorist network like a crime problem rather than a national security problem.

one45auto
November 21, 2004, 07:16 AM
The Clinton's have a trail of people who threatened them meeting an early demise. Mr. Jennings might want to head back to his birthplace (Canada) and lay low for awhile.

You're right, he might wind up being a Foster child.

Either that, or he'll commit suicide by shooting himself in the back of the head with a shotgun, just as that Arkansas State Trooper did.

The Clintons sure have had a lot of acquaintances meet rather untimely demises, haven't they?

With friends like that, you need Kevlar. :neener:

standingbear
November 21, 2004, 09:09 AM
I wished Ida seen it,finally,clintoons disgusting actions questioned on tv.

What I really have a difficult time with is that clintoon supporters....When I would bring it up about the whole imeachment thing,they tell me "who cares what he did in his private life,he did such a job yadda yadda."private life?in the whitehouse...a representative of the people of our country?dont want anyone like that representing me.He lost his cool because he knows he screwed up and he got caught...though he wouldnt admit it but chose to redefine marriage cheating..so along came a whole movement of folks saying..sure,I can do this..the pres did it so it must not be wrong anymore and as long as Im doing a good job and bringing in the cash...I can do whatever I want.

sounds about as much corruption as I can stand,this guy did the deed,got caught(kinda funny,the whole tv audience saw it..everywhere..lol) and should face the music.bout time someone went there and to his face.

Liberty Ship
November 21, 2004, 09:40 AM
Wasn't there an incident where a reporter asked Clinton a simple question, and Clinton became unglued and almost hit the guy?

Clinton actually physically attacked Dick Morris:

Morris wrote the letter to challenge Mrs. Clinton's contention in her book "Living History" that he was reluctant to assist the Clintons in the congressional election of 1994 because of difficulties working with their staff.

The real reason for his reluctance, Morris says, is "that Bill Clinton had tried to beat me up in May of 1990 as he, you, [campaign staffer] Gloria Cabe, and I were together in the Arkansas governor's mansion."

Morris tells Mrs. Clinton, "At the time, Bill was worried that he was falling behind his Democratic primary opponent and verbally assaulted me for not giving his campaign the time he felt it deserved. Offended by his harsh tone, I turned and stalked out of the room."

That's when the governor tackled him from behind and prepared to punch him, Morris says.

"You grabbed his arm," he writes to Mrs. Clinton, "and, yelling at him to stop and get control of himself, pulled him off me. Then you walked me around the grounds of the mansion in the minutes after, with your arm around me, saying, 'He only does that to people he loves.'"

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33047

In the Jennings interview, Clinton showed an edge of violence that he normally conceals behind a public mack of good ole' boy congeneality. Kind of like Andy Griffin in "A Face in the Crowd." I think that it takes a great deal of energy for Clinton to front the public image and repress the real Clinton. My guess is that the recent heart surgery left him with a lower energy level and that he did not have what it takes to shine Jennings on, which would have been his pre-operation response.

Don Gwinn
November 21, 2004, 09:52 AM
Short Version:

"When I told the American people I was deeply sorry, I lied. Everybody but me is stupid, especially Peter Jennings."
--Bill Clinton (paraphrased)

If you enjoyed reading about "Clinton loses his cool (newsmax)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!