A2 Sight Question

PDA

TarpleyG
November 20, 2004, 11:26 AM
My 0-2 large aperture hole is off center. It is situated noticably to the right. Are they all like that?

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=18606&stc=1

Greg

If you enjoyed reading about "A2 Sight Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fatelvis
November 20, 2004, 11:36 AM
I dont think that is normal. I would contact the manufacturer for a new one. What brand is it?

TarpleyG
November 20, 2004, 11:39 AM
It's a Colt.

Fatelvis
November 20, 2004, 11:55 AM
Send Colt that picture, and Im almost sure they`ll send you a new aperature free.

Bartholomew Roberts
November 21, 2004, 12:23 PM
The sight aperture should be shifted just slightly to one side to account for movement on the screw as you flip the apertures (aperture will shift slightly on screw as apertures rotate).

Your picture looks excessive though. A quick way to test is to try firing a group at close range - say 25yds using the small aperture. Shift to the large aperture and fire with the same point of aim. If you see a significant horizontal shift in point of impact, you'll need to replace the aperture.

TarpleyG
November 21, 2004, 01:14 PM
Now that you have confirmed what I was thinking last night, I'll share my experience yesterday.

Sighted in at 50 yards using IBSZ method. Got it pretty much dead on. Flip sight up to large aperture at same distance and rotate elevation back to 6/3 (per IBSZ 'patrol' setting). POI is slightly left :confused:. Given my aperture off to the right, it should be right. Cheek weld is different using large aperture.

Anyway, it is really okay given what the rifle is for. I was just wondering why it was so far off.

Greg

If you enjoyed reading about "A2 Sight Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!