My thread vanished-rifle sounds

PDA

loran_d
November 22, 2004, 03:42 PM
I hope I didnt violate any rules but my thread is gone.
I was and I am looking for rifle sounds. Yesterday I checked for replies and today my thread is non-existant.

Anyway:
I am looking for videos, or professional recordings of any kind of weapons being shot:
M1 Carbine
M1 Garand
Sten gun
Bren gun
Lee-Enfield Mk4
Mauser (Kar98k)
BAR

artillery pieces

mortar

explosions perhaps, incomings and so on.

thanx
Loran

email: yukon@interware.hu

If you enjoyed reading about "My thread vanished-rifle sounds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wasrjoe
November 22, 2004, 03:46 PM
Try looking at my website: http://www.inhibitionzero.com/bb/

Check under the video section. I videos of quite a few WWII rifles being fired.

DougCxx
November 22, 2004, 05:28 PM
Most gun sounds used in video and audio production are not actual recordings, but a single recording that is processed in software. Faked, that is. They drop the treble and boost the bass if the caliber is bigger, or if the gun is farther away.

The reason is because most-all light arms sound pretty much nearly exactly alike when recorded, and what they sound like has way too much treble and not nearly enough bass, compared to what you hear. Recording and playback gear really doesn't have enough dynamic range to accurately record and play noises that powerful.
And really, where the gun is pointing relative to you and how far away you are changes how a gun sounds anyway. So they fake it.
~

Harry Tuttle
November 22, 2004, 05:41 PM
shes not gone

she is burried:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=111972

Steve Smith
November 23, 2004, 12:22 AM
Yup, that other one is still there, right where you left it. This one gets closed as a duplicate.

If you enjoyed reading about "My thread vanished-rifle sounds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!