Soviet Gun Posters

PDA

lwaldron
November 25, 2004, 12:42 AM
I imagine some of you must be familiar with Soviet Army instructional posters for issue rifles. I've seen them (on the web) for Mosin Nagants, SKSs, PPSh41s and AK-47s (AKMs).
What I haven't seen is one for the SVT-40. Has anybody seen one of these? Does anyone have a picture of one (or know where on the web one exists)?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Soviet Gun Posters" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Solo
November 25, 2004, 02:35 AM
I'd like to see some of those....

lwaldron
November 26, 2004, 04:16 AM
Well, here are some of the instructional posters I have in my pictures file. You can see how they're all done in a similar "style".
I sure would like to find the one for the SVT-40.

shoobe01
November 26, 2004, 05:10 AM
That AK guy has some perspective issues.

I love these posters. Want to get one for my FAL or something, but they are usually sort of expensive, and where would I put it? We have no expansive halls, and I don't think the wife would like one of these there anyway.

El Tejon
November 26, 2004, 07:53 AM
Hey, I have those on my gun room wall! :) The Chinese posters are cool too.

Sorry, lwaldron, have not seen one for the 38/40 in all my years. If I had to guess I would not think one would have been created because of the limited issue of the weapon. If you find one, let me know! :cool:

Mk VII
November 26, 2004, 08:51 AM
picked four for the RPD light machine gun in the junk at an abandoned Soviet fight base in Estonia last year. Somebody should reprint these sort of things on some decent paper and make some money

lwaldron
November 26, 2004, 06:24 PM
A person on another forum was kind enough to post this: www.nwphx.quik.com/rarebook/manuals.htm

I checked out the site and sent an email. We'll see what happens.

If you enjoyed reading about "Soviet Gun Posters" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!