Got beat up again today

PDA

gbran
November 25, 2004, 12:45 AM
I was at the gunstore when 4 clearks jumped over the counter and beat me up pretty good. They finally let up after forcing me to agree to buy a new Marlin bolt action stainles 917M2...... 17 Mach2. Don't worry, this seems to happen to me regularily.

Anyway, this is a beatiful piece. The 17M2 is a very flat shooter and I suspect I can't kill tree squirrels without ruining the meat like the 17HMR. I think I'm going to put a 3-12x40 scope on it for hunting and occasional targets, usually at less than 100yds, but maybe out to 125yds on rare occasions. I'm in CA, so I still have a 10 day wait. I'll post a range report in a couple weeks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got beat up again today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.H. Lee
November 25, 2004, 12:48 AM
You're in California, so I know it wasn't WildWest Guns in AK. :p Besides, Wildalaska just slipped on the ice and hurt his toe, so I don't think he can jump over the counter.

Third_Rail
November 25, 2004, 12:57 AM
I knew it was either "they made me buy it!" or "I just shot a .338 Lapua or similar!"

Glad to hear that your collection is growing again! My condolences to your wallet. ;)

P95Carry
November 25, 2004, 01:07 AM
Not sure whether that is as bad as the cyber guys who come and threaten me from GunBroker etc ... when I am merely thinking about a purchase! Before I have even decided for or against - these cyber thugs invade my office and say ''buy this or else''. So, often, I just have to go buy to keep the peace! :D

Reminds me ... 17HMR AND M2 are still lingering on the ''to do'' list ... oh dear!

gbran
November 25, 2004, 01:14 AM
I am going to get a 17M2 handgun. I probably won't buy a 17HMR long gun or handgun. The 17M2 will take care of all my small stuff out to 100 and maybe 125 yards. Instead of a 17HMR, I'm thing about the new .204 Ruger round. The 17HMR is accurate, but skimpy for coyotes. The .204 has more wallop and shoots farther with that wallop.

ftierson
November 25, 2004, 08:31 PM
Given the recent threads across several boards about the owner of M&A Parts and one of his (potential) customers, I thought that the title of your post might have been on the up-and-up... :)

Personally, I am "forced" into buying stuff all the time...

:)

Z28
November 26, 2004, 01:34 AM
Hi
I have one (17M2) It will shoot out to 150 Yards very easy if no wind maybe 200. As for the squirrels at 100/150 yards boom! Not much left! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Got beat up again today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!