The Easter bunny came. Do I need a new gun?

PDA

Larry Ashcraft
February 28, 2003, 02:47 PM
When I got home last night, there was a plastic grocery bag hanging on the gate. I wasn't surprised, that's the way some people return borrowed dishes, etc. But I looked inside . . . Ammo.

I took it inside and emptied it. 500 .22lr - dozen or so 12 ga., slugs, 00 buck, 6's and BB's - about 70 rds. .308 surplus - a video tape, "Wild Bill" (?).

I have no idea (yet) who left it. But I don't own a .308.

Does this mean I have to buy a new rifle? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "The Easter bunny came. Do I need a new gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blackhawk
February 28, 2003, 02:51 PM
Yes.

What else could it mean? :D

spacemanspiff
February 28, 2003, 02:56 PM
you probably also need a new .22lr as well. oh, and another shotgun.:evil:

Chipperman
February 28, 2003, 06:03 PM
This is actually a sting operation. When you shoot the ammo, the ATF is gonna bust your door down for using stolen goods!
:neener:

Don Gwinn
February 28, 2003, 08:13 PM
Clearly a blessing from God, much like the manna from heaven. If you scorn His gift by refusing to purchase a rifle in His name, He will be greatly wroth.

J Miller
February 28, 2003, 08:21 PM
:D
Somebody likes you!!!! I should be that lucky.
And yes, you need to go buy a .308 now. :cool:

Blain
February 28, 2003, 08:29 PM
I am going to answer the origonal question.

"The Easter bunny came. Do I need a new gun?"

Yes.....Rabbit stew for a week!!!!! :evil:

Stevie-Ray
February 28, 2003, 10:20 PM
I had that happen once. But the friend that gave them to me simply handed them to me. It was about 1700 rounds of .22LR. That was nice of him, and I promptly shot it up.

keyhole
February 28, 2003, 10:27 PM
Sounds like the ammo fairy paid you a visit. Happy shooting I say!:p

SquirrelNuts
February 28, 2003, 10:45 PM
Larry,

I think you need a new gun. I do the same thing. I bought a box of .45ACP, a box of .308, and a single round of .50BMG so that I would have a legit. excuse to buy the matching guns.

-SquirrelNuts

If you enjoyed reading about "The Easter bunny came. Do I need a new gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!