When can we start writing letters to the new congress?

PDA

LAR-15
November 27, 2004, 07:04 PM
Just wondering.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "When can we start writing letters to the new congress?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
November 27, 2004, 07:36 PM
Any time.

para.2
November 28, 2004, 12:32 AM
Never stop writing.

voilsb
November 28, 2004, 01:22 AM
I think he was asking when the new Congress assumes power, so that they are able to receive the letters.

It doesn't do much good to write a letter to a Congressman who isn't there, either because he hasn't showed up yet or because he's left already.

io333
November 28, 2004, 01:26 AM
It doesn't do much good to write a letter to a Congressman who isn't there, either because he hasn't showed up yet or because he's left already.

Are you sure? Maybe they keep they around until the critter arrives. Maybe the new critters should have a big stack waiting form them upon their arrival?

voilsb
November 28, 2004, 01:35 AM
Sounds like a good reason to wonder "When can we start writing letters to the new congress?"

If they hold the letters until the new guy arrives, then "now" is a good answer. If they don't, then it'd be good to know when they'll be able to receive them.

tyme
November 28, 2004, 07:11 AM
I think the new session starts on January 4th, for three days, then goes on recess until the inauguration. The schedule is on the house/senate pages. It's somewhat difficult to find; I don't want to look it up again.

Since most of the Senators and Congresscritters are the same ones who will be there in January, in most cases you can write right now. The Congressional buildings' janitors don't throw away all correspondence on January 1st.

If you enjoyed reading about "When can we start writing letters to the new congress?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!