ProGun Bills Coming Up

PDA

lostone1413
November 27, 2004, 08:42 PM
You know of any good ProGun Bills that will be coming up? If you know of what are they and what chance you give them? You think with the election over will GWB remember the goun owners or has he forgot us with the last vote counted??

If you enjoyed reading about "ProGun Bills Coming Up" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GEM
November 28, 2004, 01:03 PM
I don't think that GWB will promote any progun bills. He has shown little personal interest in doing that. Bush's support for the AWB demonstrates that he has thought little about the real issues.

He will sign or support whatever he is told will boost the electoral chances of the GOP in the coming Congressional and then the 2008 presidental elections.

He will not take a principled proactive stance. :banghead:

Lone_Gunman
November 28, 2004, 08:57 PM
Are you serious?

There will be no pro gun legislation.

tulsamal
November 28, 2004, 09:53 PM
I can think of three things that have been in Congress at one stage or another.

1) Limiting the liability for firearms companies. This is the one that passed but then got shot down when the bad guys tried to attach the AWB renewal to it. A lot of gun companies would really like to see this pass.

2) The end of the D.C. gun ban. Got through the House. Will have to start over but it could pass.

3) Some type of national CCW law. Hopefully some type of required reciprocity. OK can't refuse to honor a Missouri driver's license or marriage certificate; why can they refuse a valid CCW permit?

As plenty of others have noted, the real legal battlefront on the gun control wars is going to shift from the national level to the state one.

Gregg

Standing Wolf
November 28, 2004, 09:59 PM
Do I expect the Republican majority in the Congress actually to do anything constructive to safeguard the nation's civil rights?

We shall see.

Bartholomew Roberts
November 29, 2004, 09:59 AM
tulsamal listed the three bills that are likely to be introduced into the 109th Congress and are likely to see some progress. Is it just me, or do I notice a direct link between how informed somebody is on legislation and their skepticism over the same?

If you enjoyed reading about "ProGun Bills Coming Up" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!