.30 Carbine, Universal Arms.

PDA

Marshall
November 28, 2004, 01:32 AM
Speaking of M1 .30 carbines, where can I get good reliable magazines for one. I have a Universal Arms model made in Hialeah Florida that has a 30rd "banana clip" and would like to find some other 30 rounders. Also, can I get new a spring and follower for the one I have?

TIA

If you enjoyed reading about ".30 Carbine, Universal Arms." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MrMurphy
November 28, 2004, 09:14 AM
The standard (and reliable) mag for M1 carbines is the common GI 15 rounder found everywhere. The later 30 round mag, introduced at the end of WW2 and in Korea, always caused problems from every M1 carbine user in combat I've ever spoken to, especially on the full auto M2 models.

30 rounders are out there, but personally, I stick to the fifteens.

ACP230
November 28, 2004, 11:07 PM
Lots for sale in every issue of Shotgun News.

Cortland
November 29, 2004, 12:16 AM
Look for them at every single gun show in the country (the red parts, anyway). There are still boatloads of new-in-wrap USGI 15 round magazines everywhere.

Marshall
November 29, 2004, 11:13 PM
Thanks gentlemen.

Matter of fact there's a gun show this coming weekend, I'll go get some.

If you enjoyed reading about ".30 Carbine, Universal Arms." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!