Stupid Courts?

PDA

MountainPeak
February 28, 2003, 06:41 PM
Can anyone top the Ninth Circuit. Their ruling on the 2nd Amendment and The Pledge of Allegiance are just two examples. Should I have posted this in "Political"?

If you enjoyed reading about "Stupid Courts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Quartus
February 28, 2003, 06:53 PM
They are NOT stupid.

They are evil.

Underestimating your enemy is stupid.

MountainPeak
February 28, 2003, 07:07 PM
Quartus, WHATEVER!:rolleyes: You might want to check out the bio of the one Republican appointee on the 2nd Amendment ruling. Seems the guy likes being sent out of his North Dakota District Court as a fill in. It allows him to travel!! :banghead: Perhaps wrong forum-certainly not stupid or under estimating a damn thing. MP

Standing Wolf
February 28, 2003, 10:04 PM
I'm sure there are Taliban courts in Pakistan that could match the Ninth Circus Court of Appeals for malice toward the Constitution.

Quartus
March 1, 2003, 08:51 AM
Know your enemy. Malice aforethought and simple stupidity are two very different beasts, and need to be addressed differently. I don't know what the fact that a judge likes the perks has to to with the tenor of the 9th circuit. Their philosophy is the issue. The problem is not that they simply don't have the intelligence to understand the Constitution. The problem is that they don't like what they know it says, and are committed to destroying it.

Archie
March 1, 2003, 11:02 AM
They get overturned on constitutional issues more than all other circuits combined!

I (not so) patiently await another two confirmations of this trend in the next few years.

Which brings up another issue: Everyone! Write your congresstrash about current judicial nominations. We have to get conservative judges on the various benches NOW.

El Tejon
March 1, 2003, 11:04 AM
Archie is dead on.

MountainPeak
March 2, 2003, 06:57 PM
Archie, the Ninth is often overturned. You would think that after a while they would quit trying to re-write the constitution. I think Quartus is right in that, the Ninth knows full well what they are trying to do! Quartus, my point had nothing to do about a fill in judge taking a perk. The Reagan appointed District Judge's bio read like a guy that was thrilled to finally play with the big boys. It was a while back when I made my search of the Ninth Circuit and their 2nd Amendment ruling. My take on this judge, at that time, was either he was STUPID, being USED, or SENILE. I believe they will be over turned on their 2nd Amendment Ruling. Wasn't the Fifth Circuits' ruling almost totally opposite? I'm also looking forward to campaign finance laws(McCain's baby) going down in flames.

Quartus
March 9, 2003, 02:47 PM
Quartus, my point had nothing to do about a fill in judge taking a perk. The Reagan appointed District Judge's bio read like a guy that was thrilled to finally play with the big boys.

Ah! Gotcha now. You may be right about that - wouldn't be the first time a 3rd stringer got all excited about being called into the game. Folks like that can easily be manipulated.

BTW, I need to clarify - I did NOT mean to sound like I was calling YOU stupid. I think it looked that way. I apologize for that. I was referring to the mistake in a general way - it is stupid to underestimate your enemy.

Blackhawk
March 9, 2003, 03:06 PM
Should I have posted this in "Political"?Yep.

MountainPeak
March 9, 2003, 03:07 PM
Quartus, no problem.:) Blackhawk, perhaps my posting etiquette will improve as I get nearer 2500 posts!;)

Woodchuck
March 9, 2003, 10:47 PM
Hopefully Dr. Bush has the RX. needed. An enema for the ninth folowed by a transplant to remove the diseased organs .

If you enjoyed reading about "Stupid Courts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!