M38 pics (and the rest of the family)

PDA

SpookyPistolero
November 29, 2004, 06:56 PM
Hello all! I finally found where my roommate hides the camera and snapped some shots of my nagant, plus a couple of other friends. This is my first time taking this kind of pics, and posting them, so they might be a bit rough around the edges, if they work at all. Anyway, the '38 is worth seeing, a nice one for the $65 I paid. Take care!

http://stone50bmg.onfinite.com/album/197471/

-Spooky

If you enjoyed reading about "M38 pics (and the rest of the family)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vimes
November 30, 2004, 05:20 AM
Very nice pics. I have never shot an M38 but I will try when I get the chance. Finnish M39 is fun to shoot, though, so I am not completely unfamiliar with Mosin-Nagants.

Bridger
December 1, 2004, 11:51 AM
Those stripper clips are actually working for you?!

theCZ
December 1, 2004, 12:10 PM
I looked at the 2nd pic thumbnail and at first thought somebody had gone over tactical on me. It looked like a BIPOD on a SHOTGUN, but then I opened it up and it was just a flashlight. :D

SpookyPistolero
December 1, 2004, 03:07 PM
Glad the pics came out OK! I really enjoy shooting the 38 and its not at all punishing on the shoulders. My sisters have shot my 'scout' setup on an m38 a lot and both enjoyed it. An M39 is definitely on my wish list right now though! I hear good things.

Bridger, those stripper clips are actually two originals that I got along with the rifle (along with about 50 rnds of ammo and the original dog collar sling :neener: ) and work beautifully. I had a whole pack of apparently new-make strippers sent to me a couple of years ago and are easily the worst product I've ever bought. I'm trying to devise a jig or something to rebend them into a functional position, but we'll see how that works out. (ps- if you have any clue where to buy more originals, please share the love!)

theCZ, I might be an uber-tactical guy, but a bipod on the shotgun just crosses a line! The light really is amazing though. On a go-to defense gun, I think they are a must-have. I actually had a 'business end' photo of me with the 870, but it wasnt posted.

Take care!
-Spooky

If you enjoyed reading about "M38 pics (and the rest of the family)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!