soaker fluid for cleaning tank

PDA

emmie
November 29, 2004, 08:06 PM
what is best to use for a soaking fluid-parts cleaner,in a soaking tank

If you enjoyed reading about "soaker fluid for cleaning tank" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JNewell
November 29, 2004, 09:05 PM
I don't know what's best, but I do know that if aluminum will go into it, you should not use Simple Green. It will damage aluminum parts and finishes.

HSMITH
November 29, 2004, 11:22 PM
On the cheap but works great? Diesel fuel, downside is it takes a little while on congealed greases and it also needs cleaning off if an oily residue is a problem. A little more expensive? Mineral spirits, works well and dries nicely. Bigger bucks but VERY nice? Solventated Naptha, pay attention to ventilation.

A spray can of 'carb and choke cleaner' to get the nasties off, a little diesel in the parts washer to deep clean, and a can of brake cleaner to clean and dry any residue off has never met a problem it can't handle.

JoeHatley
November 30, 2004, 01:18 PM
Equal parts Kerosene and Mineral Spirits works well for me.

Good Luck...

Joe

theCZ
December 1, 2004, 06:00 PM
They should have a 5 gallon bucket of "parts cleaner solution" or something like it at a tractor dealership/parts store.

Dave Sample
December 2, 2004, 01:41 AM
I use automotive solvent in a Pasta cooker from K-Mart. Works great.

If you enjoyed reading about "soaker fluid for cleaning tank" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!