Bathroom Gun

PDA

Ol' Badger
February 28, 2003, 09:06 PM
How many of you out there have a Firearm in your John?
You know? In case your attacked while pooping! I put an old Mod. 85 taurus in the head and a friend pointed out to me that i've gone around the bend and need help! Am I alone??? Or do I realy need help. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Bathroom Gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
February 28, 2003, 09:14 PM
Kahr carrier had a thread on this awhile back... I'll just cut/paste my brief reply. ;)

I usually pack my Glock 19 around the house, but I don't have a handgun sitting in the bathroom, if that's what you mean.

mgjohn
February 28, 2003, 09:24 PM
Got a S&W 65 357 mag that I use as a head gun.
The girlfriend used to think I was crazy for keeping one in the john. Not too long back she had problems with a peeper and got to unload both a shotgun and a pistol in his direction.

She now understands and fully supports bathroom firepower.

Standing Wolf
February 28, 2003, 09:29 PM
I keep a homely old revolver in the bath room. I keep it in the cupboard under the sink to reduce its contact with steam from the shower. If I ever buy a Glock, it'll become my bath room gun.

DingoDog
February 28, 2003, 09:34 PM
I keep a .44 mag in the closet. I have two reasons for this:

1) Most times, eventually if you are hostage they will let you go to the bathroom.

2) If a house-guest forgets to turn on the fan after doing their business.

Stevie-Ray
February 28, 2003, 09:48 PM
You know? In case your attacked while pooping! :uhoh: :D I used to worry about somebody breaking in while I was in the shower but,................hmmm, maybe I'd better rethink this. I've got a lot of guns to choose from. Maybe a poop gun is in order.

marsh
February 28, 2003, 10:11 PM
I have two bathroom guns; a Walther PP and a Star BM.
That should take care of any eventuality.

marsh:neener:

SquirrelNuts
February 28, 2003, 10:17 PM
You could hide a Glock in the toilet tank (see the Glock torture test). It would also be a water saving device.

-SquirrelNuts

Marko Kloos
February 28, 2003, 10:22 PM
Dedicated bathroom gun? :confused:

When I go to the bathroom, the carry gun comes out of the holster and onto the sink next to me. When I have concluded business, the carry gun is reholstered.

CZ-75
February 28, 2003, 10:54 PM
I think I remember John Milius talking about something like this.

Preacherman
February 28, 2003, 10:59 PM
There can be unexpected problems in this... as discussed in this thread (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=136430) on The Firing Line a while back! :D :D :D

Jedi_7.62
March 1, 2003, 01:53 AM
I defend my bathroom with chemcial and Bio hazard gasses.:D :D

Go ahead, break in, I dare you.

Sriously my carry weapon goes next to the sink when I'm "busy" and when I'm in the shower the gun is in the other room. nearby but away from steam so it doesn't get damaged.

CZ-75
March 1, 2003, 01:55 AM
Glocks make good shower guns. :D

Jedi_7.62
March 1, 2003, 02:23 AM
When I win the lottery I plan to buy a Glock just for the shower have a special tray for it in the shower just like the soap.:D

SquirrelNuts
March 1, 2003, 02:27 AM
If you bought some soap on a rope, you could attatch the rope to the "leash port" on the grip of the Glock. You would always have it handy.

-SquirrelNuts

sm
March 1, 2003, 05:32 PM
I do keep one, I learned from experience-some mine, some of others.

Dallas Mkt, many years ago, in one of the more 'luxury hotels'. The Salesmen had firearms(not on person) I was CCW a 1911 style...'room service' -hearing the attempted robbery I came up from behind(I had been in restroom) . Inside job, we are talking millions of $ here folks.

Business owner started keeping one in the bathrooms at work, when the BG's got the jump on him and employees, they removed his CCW...one female employee was in restroom...who knows-maybe?

In another robbery BG's again had the drop on employees, the most dangerous time is opening (as the above) or at closing, as is this case, closing on a Sat. night. BG's rounded up everyone and put in Walk-in Vault. They wanted to wait in store for wee hours to lessen chance of being seen leaving. Employees allowed restroom breaks--who knows? Bad part is when they did leave they locked the vault, Oxygen getting low by the time the employee with Combo could arrive back in town. Vault now has Oxygen tank, cell phone, firearms. Restroom has firearms hidden. Employees are encouraged to CCW,train, anything related to SA and firearm uses.

Good friend of mine arrived home, opened his front door and his wife had a shotgun in her mouth, kids abducted from school. He WILL go back to store to open safe-or else. He was relieved of his CCW, as had his wife (wife talked to kids abducted via cell gave hers up)...at anytime the wife or husband had gone into restroom...who knows.

You don't have to be in a high risk profession to realize that Hiding guns anywhere,like restrooms make sense. I know I have BTDT. I won't say exactly what I did personally, just to say I'm here to type ain't I ?

CR Sam always says "you never know the where of your next encounter".

And for goodness sakes, don't ever tell anyone what the particulars are...need to know basis only, like business , family, etc.

Zundfolge
March 1, 2003, 06:15 PM
maybe I should load up my Makarov and stash it in the bathroom.

any chance the steam from showering will damage the gun and/or ammo?

Wildalaska
March 1, 2003, 06:15 PM
GE Minigun providing covering fields of fire from both toilet and shower...

prior to hitting the can, I usually put on a specially designed white tile coloured Ghillie suit so that BGs cant see me..

I also keep a glock knife tucked into the bowl so I can just drop the paper and come out slashing...

I have statistics that show that 90 % of all home invasions occur while the homeowner is on the potty...

Wild:D Alaska

CZ-75
March 1, 2003, 08:02 PM
Makarovs do rust. Polymer or SS only (hard chrome too), if you love your gun.

mdsteele
March 1, 2003, 08:14 PM
Yup! NAA. mini. Or a G-26 if I'm (partially)dressed.;)

KP95DAO
March 1, 2003, 10:36 PM
I don't have one in the bathroom for the same reason I don't carry one around the house. When I put a gun on, the 77 pound bearer of fangs thinks I am going someplace. And she thinks that she is going along and barks until we leave. She has a very loud bark. Then the little one, 10 pounds, gets in on the act. His bark isn't quite so loud.

Because of her, I don't worry about anyone suprising me or the wife and getting to us before we get to the firepower. I do have one stashed in the car trunk.

KP95DAO
March 1, 2003, 10:56 PM
I don't know how that happened.

gbelleh
March 1, 2003, 11:31 PM
When in the shower, I used to stick a Taurus 85 UL in between two towels in the bathroom at my old place.

I used to live in a pretty bad area in a place with easy access to my window from an alley. I'm glad I moved!

KarlG
March 2, 2003, 02:15 AM
Sounds like a good reason to buy some more guns :)

thaddeus
March 2, 2003, 02:24 AM
I have always contended that the bathroom is your most vulnerable place. And I have been mocked by some for being paranoid. Consider the facts that you are in a small room, often naked, with few exits, no communications, and often no weapons. If someone comes in through the door and attacks you, there is no escape or mobility, you have to fight through them to get out. Hence, I always have a weapon in the bathroom. Long ago, the Samurai felt the this was a serious issue for the same reasons.

I have read news stories of home invaders waiting until their hear the shower running before they enter. I cannot imagine a more vulnerable time to be home-invaded than when you are in the shower, trapped, naked, wet, unarmed. Not only that, but if you are oblivious in the shower, imagine the fact that home-invaders could be arming themselves with your guns if you leave them out, but no with you. Call me paranoid, but the bathroom is one place I never go without a weapon.

Kahr carrier
March 2, 2003, 07:24 AM
My bathroom gun is usually a Kahr K40 but it varies sometimes.:)

gburner
March 2, 2003, 10:31 AM
I usually leave a bomb in the
bathroom.....:p

Diesle
March 2, 2003, 12:16 PM
Not too long back she had problems with a peeper and got to unload both a shotgun and a pistol in his direction.

Holy irresponsable gun ownership Crapman!!!!

Diesle

telewinz
March 2, 2003, 12:22 PM
My wife says I already take a gun into the bathroom and she knows what a poor aim I have.:D

12.7x99mm
March 2, 2003, 01:11 PM
I might have a extra glock 30 in the john...maybe

:D

Don Gwinn
March 2, 2003, 02:07 PM
Chemical weapons of Mass Destruction. Heavier-than-air gases capable of asphyxiation, mostly.

Wrangler
March 2, 2003, 07:10 PM
Large ziplock style bags work very well in damp/wet environments. You don't even have to remove the gun from the bag to use it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bathroom Gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!