What defense weapons are legal in Germany?

PDA

Oleg Volk
December 3, 2004, 01:24 AM
Batons (collapsable or fixed)?
Knives (folding or fixed)?
Anything else?

I am going over much against my own wishes and would like to know what I can bring or acquire locally.

If you enjoyed reading about "What defense weapons are legal in Germany?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fletchette
December 3, 2004, 03:29 AM
My fiance is German, so I go there often. You can easily pick up a good combat knife, but it probably isn't legal to carry. I buy one each time I arrive, and carry the box and receipt with me. I figure if I got stopped, I'd simply say "I just bought it and am taking it home". ;)

KRAUTGUNNER
December 3, 2004, 04:49 AM
Legal weapons for self defense in Germany:

You may carry batons or tonfa batons (collapsible and fixed, but NOT with a steel core), knives with folding or fixed blades (NOT automatic switchblade knives, fist knives or butterfly knives), tear-gas (CS or CN) sprays and tear-gas pistols, pepper spray is only legal for use against aggressive animals (but is is no big deal when you use it against two-legged predators in a self-defense situation), government-approved electro-shock devices (not Tasers which shoot electrodes) but NOT knuckle dusters.

If you enjoyed reading about "What defense weapons are legal in Germany?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!