Does Oregon honor Texas CCW?

PDA

cpileri
December 3, 2004, 04:44 PM
I can't seem to find the updated answer, adn new states are added to the list of shared reciprocity with texas fairly often.

I'm flying out ther in January to visit family and I get a funny feeling thinking of being without. Of course, even if OR does honor TX CCW I'd still have to mail myself a pistol. I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

Dont even get me started on the actual flying. I'll be sure to wear tight-fitting, transparent clothing so as to make my transition through security as smooth as spooible. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :fire:

Thx,
C-

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Oregon honor Texas CCW?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
USP45usp
December 3, 2004, 06:04 PM
Oregon doesn't honor any permit other than Oregon's. And it will probably stay that way since the democrates are in charge of the state and senate :(.

Wayne

000Buck
December 3, 2004, 06:08 PM
In case you have seen it, packing.org has lots of reciprocity info.

Akurat
December 3, 2004, 06:08 PM
Texas just added a whole slew of states, but OR is not one of them. OR does not have reciprocity with any state, either. Several states do _honor_ their permits though. So, highly unlikely.

http://www.packing.org/gs/texas_map.gif
http://www.packing.org/gs/oregon_map.gif

MatthewVanitas
December 3, 2004, 08:14 PM
...because both OR and WA are really, really picky about reciprocity. WA finally broke down and achieved reciprocity with a handful of states, but still not FL or Texas.

However, this Dino Rossi cat (our contested potential new governor) might be a bit more amendable to change. Assuming the 3rd/4th/5th recounts find in his favor. For those not following, he won the election by something like 250 votes, too close to call. Interestingly enough, the Libertarian candidate took in about 30,000 votes.

The truly odd thing about it is that WA permits are _way_ easier to get than Florida or Texas permits, so they certainly wouldn't be lowering their standards to accept those states. Once we figure out who the new AttyGen is (back to Gregoire?), I'll shoot them an email and see if I get a decent reply.

-MV

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Oregon honor Texas CCW?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!