M1 Garand ejecting clip prematurely--please help.

PDA

BamBam-31
December 6, 2004, 03:24 AM
My friend's M1 keeps trying to eject the en bloc clip around the 5th or 6th round. His rear sight also came loose after firing a few dozen rounds, so I ordered him a new op rod spring (easy fix first, right) and disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled his rear sight. Rear sight no longer comes loose, but the rifle still tries to eject the clip prematurely.

Any guesses as to why? TIA.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Garand ejecting clip prematurely--please help." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sheldon
December 6, 2004, 04:25 AM
I saw a different thread asking the same question and everyone answered that it might be a bad/weak clip latch spring or a worn clip latch. Here is a link that shows how to replace those items. http://www.civilianmarksmanship.com/striphtml/detailstripcliplatchone.html

BamBam-31
December 8, 2004, 06:08 PM
Thanks. Ordered the extra power spring from Fulton's. If that doesn't do it, a new latch, then. Thanks for the link, too. :)

Sistema1927
December 8, 2004, 07:35 PM
Premature ejection?

(If this wasn't the High Road...) :neener:

BamBam-31
December 11, 2004, 02:42 PM
Dude, took you long enough. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Garand ejecting clip prematurely--please help." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!