I #@!!*&@@# HATE CALIFORNIA!!!!!

PDA

The_Antibubba
December 7, 2004, 04:37 AM
Here I am, so poor I can't even afford to buy a Makarov, and they're being dropped off the "approved" list-so unless the importer wants to pay for expensive and bogus drop testing, I'll never own one.

#!$@@! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Why do I want to stay and fight for it? Why? Why? What has it done for me?

:banghead: :banghead:

:(

If you enjoyed reading about "I #@!!*&@@# HATE CALIFORNIA!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fletchette
December 7, 2004, 04:43 AM
Personal opinion;

It is widely held military science that when faced with an overwhelmingly powerful enemy the proper strategy is to retreat to a defensable position. Kalifornistan is firmly held by the Communists. I would think that moving to Nevada and becoming very politically active, would be a good move.

c_yeager
December 7, 2004, 05:09 AM
Im pretty sure that California hates you as well.

It sure as hell hates most gunowners.

hillbilly
December 7, 2004, 08:05 AM
Sounds like you have answered your own question.

Get out, yesterday.

hillbilly

NavajoNPaleFace
December 7, 2004, 11:18 AM
I was in ********** ONCE.

I was just traveling through and I hated it. :D

I've not been back since!

jefnvk
December 7, 2004, 12:13 PM
I may be mistaken, but what does a manufacturer have to do to get a handgun on that list? I thought they simply had to send them a few samples that were non-returnable?

I don't think that the importer would refuse to send them a few guns they probably paid less than $50 for. Think of the market they lose if they don't.

armoredman
December 7, 2004, 12:36 PM
Lots of room in AZ. Jobs available today in DOC......

confinedbythecurtain
December 7, 2004, 01:23 PM
I feel your pain. Everytime I see folding stocks and AR15s I die a little inside. After school, Im moving back to America!

bg
December 7, 2004, 02:14 PM
I too survive in part of the iron curtain cali tundra, and know of what you state.
Since my last parent is in an unhealthy way, we need to be by the Kaiser she's
been with since 1963. There is no moving her, as there is no chance in hades
she'll go for it. We now live in the same residence, with me taking care of her.
I'd like to move too, but until the status quo changes, I'll do what I can by
renewing my membership in the NRA and CRPA, and writing both my Assembly
Member and Senator, which thank heaven are pro-gun..As with the French
Resistance, one must stay and fight as well as one can. The current AG is
devil incarnate as far as I'm concerned, with the majority in the Assembly and
Senate completely ignoring the self defense factor needed in these dangerous
times here in Corruptfornia. It really is tragic for honest folks/victims. :(
bg

R.H. Lee
December 7, 2004, 02:19 PM
I'm seriously thinking of adding "Stay and fight for California, ye scurvy blackguards" to my sig..................as California goes, so goes the nation.

jnojr
December 7, 2004, 02:31 PM
Antibubba - If you're near a Turners, you can do a "layaway".

If you aren't near a Turners, ask at your local shop if you can.

Shane333
December 7, 2004, 02:46 PM
I feel your pain Antibubba. Having grown up in California, there's much that I love about it. Especially the beautiful oak-covered hills and the wonderful weather. At the same time, I just can't stomach the political environment of California anymore. I moved out of California to go to college years ago, and I just can't bring myself to go back. Besides the political environment, there's the cost of living.

Now I live in Utah and love it here. Another reason I couldn't go back to California is the fact that I'd have to give up half of my firearms. :mad:

Don of Kalifornia
December 7, 2004, 04:21 PM
The 'drop test' (SB15) is not only turning over 4 handguns for testing, but the tests cost about a $1000. These are done at 'state approved' testing companies. There is also a cost of $200 each and every year that a handgun remains on a list. In other words, if a manufactor/imports stops making or importing a handgun, it gets dropped off the list, so those that dealers have on their shelves can not be sold.

RooK
December 7, 2004, 05:04 PM
Don't forget that every different model, whether the difference be action type or finish, must be retested for approval. It's BS and bureaucracy run amuck at its finest.

Warren
December 7, 2004, 05:13 PM
Yup, change the color and you need a new test.

Though you can buy used weapons and have them shipped to your local FFL.

Valkman
December 7, 2004, 05:14 PM
I went "under the wire" 9/03 into Nevada. I never thought I'd leave CA but I sure wouldn't go back. Yea, you'll get the "only the cowards leave while us brave ones stay and fight" crap, but meanwhile you'll be shooting full-auto down at the range with your Uzi and borrowing your buddie's M-16 to see what it's like. And using them both to shoot exploding targets! :D

Only one NV county went for Kerry - Clark County. Move here and help us stack up against the liberals! :cool:

Edited to add: I have 25 years with PG&E, but went on disability in 2000. If it weren't for that I could not have moved, so I understand that people cannot just pull up and move. Anti-Bubba, if you're ever down on Front St. and go by the PG&E yard there, wave to the guys for me. ;)

Standing Wolf
December 7, 2004, 06:24 PM
I left the People's Republic of California in 2002 to return to the United States. I'm sure I'll always miss the temperate climate and beaches; in all other respects, however, life in the U.S.A. is much better.

Kinsman
December 7, 2004, 06:29 PM
Why does anybody have to know which firearms you own? Last time I was there you did not have to submit to a cavity search to get in (at least, in a car)........

R.H. Lee
December 7, 2004, 06:34 PM
Why does anybody have to know which firearms you own? Last time I was there you did not have to submit to a cavity search to get in (at least, in a car)........ Exactly right. The compliance rate here is low. They pretend to regulate, and we pretend to be regulated.

Rumpled
December 7, 2004, 07:18 PM
Russian and East German Makarovs are listed by the Feds as C&R and so are exempt from the "safety" test. You should still be able to get those (in 9x18 only -not .380).
Only the Bulgies are going off of the list - you can still buy those PPT or consignment.
Or, an importer could send in for certification.
I think the fee is only $200 a year once certified. Seems you don't have to sell many in CA to justify that fee, the original cert is another animal altogether.

Brick
December 7, 2004, 07:23 PM
Hello everybody.™

It's become second nature to us. We naturally take the abuse from other states, like Vermont or Alaska.

Yeah I heard about that :cuss: drop test. What a bunch of :barf:

The People's Democratic Republic Of Kaliberaltownfornia headed by Feinsteinominkov.

(I don't even know who our senators are...I don't care, they're all the same)

jnojr
December 7, 2004, 08:20 PM
Though you can buy used weapons and have them shipped to your local FFL.

Not if they aren't on the list. PPT is the only way to go, and that has to be face-to-face in CA.

AF_INT1N0
December 7, 2004, 08:32 PM
The worst part is, that those darn Kalicommies have already jacked up their state. The disarm everyone then move to Colorado to get away from the crime. Then they begin to try to disarm those people. Too bad we can't let ********** secede and then guard the border.

armoredman
December 7, 2004, 08:46 PM
Now I agree there - I see California license plates in AZ all the time, and a bunch of Kerry stickers on those cars. I hope those people aren't moving here, but some are, which is how my county and Maricopa country went for Kerry.....retired Calicommies who sell a home in Cali for enough to retire on for two lifetimes in AZ....

Jesse308
December 7, 2004, 10:27 PM
This really sucks. :cuss: I wanted to get one. :(

QuarterBoreGunner
December 7, 2004, 10:36 PM
RileyMC I'm seriously thinking of adding "Stay and fight for California, ye scurvy blackguards" to my sig... Now that is a very good idea...

And come on you guys, wouldn't you rather have us stay here and continue the fight rather than come to your state and raise house and rental prices?

Rexrider
December 8, 2004, 12:41 AM
This is (still, yet, for now) a free country.
You have the right to live where you see fit. I never understood the concept of "staying to fight". Fight what? You are simply way out numbered. Staying in a place that severely restricts your rights does not make much sense to me.

If you wanted to stay in California because you loved it, enjoy your life, friends, and family, then so be it. If you don't think the advantages Calif. offers you or worth giving up something else that means more to you than all that other stuff, then get out.

You live in a State. It does not owe you anything. Live where you want. It is your life to do as you please. And be thankful you live in a country that does give you the right to live where you please.

QuarterBoreGunner,
I think it is safe to say that any pro-2nd amendment person is welcome here in AZ. The reality is that there are a lot of the liberal, tree hugging types moving here from Calf because they can't afford it anymore. And they are bringing the CA politics with them. We need all the pro-2nd amendment people we can get so AZ does not turn into CA.

carp killer
December 8, 2004, 12:41 AM
RileyMC RileyMC
Quote:
I'm seriously thinking of adding "Stay and fight for California, ye scurvy blackguards" to my sig...

I think I would much rather be able to walk in a gun store and walk out 10 minutes later with an AR. :D

Your not getting any younger. Time is running out.

EOD Guy
December 8, 2004, 09:44 AM
Don't forget that every different model, whether the difference be action type or finish, must be retested for approval. It's BS and bureaucracy run amuck at its finest.

That isn't true. Purely cosmetic differences such as finish or type of grips do not require a seperate test. The manufacturer can certify that the other models are mechanically the same.

You're right about the BS part though. :)

sturmruger
December 8, 2004, 12:46 PM
I don't blame you guys for hating Cali. It is one of the most oppressive state in th Union. I just wish we could come up with some kind of plan to slowly start to turn things around.

Average Guy
December 8, 2004, 01:31 PM
gets dropped off the list, so those that dealers have on their shelves can not be sold.
After the law went into effect, the owner of a local gun shop put all his "unapproved" handguns into a glass case with a big sign saying how suddenly he couldn't sell them. Very sad.

My question is, is the law retroactive? That is, if a manufacturer lets a handgun drop off the list, does the "unapproval" suddenly apply to the existing models in circulation? (The CA DOJ enforces by whim, so what's written down now guarantees nothing.)

They pretend to regulate, and we pretend to be regulated.
RileyMC, that's a beautiful comment. And would apply nicely to my "ghost" Makarov which I don't really have. :D

Librarian
December 8, 2004, 03:38 PM
My question is, is the law retroactive? That is, if a manufacturer lets a handgun drop off the list, does the "unapproval" suddenly apply to the existing models in circulation?
Yes, in the sense that dealers can no longer sell any they have in stock. PPT is still valid.

joe4702
December 8, 2004, 09:16 PM
Why does anybody have to know which firearms you own? Last time I was there you did not have to submit to a cavity search to get in (at least, in a car)........

Say you move to CA with some handguns and don't register them per Cali law or perhaps you bring in one of those eeevil assault weapons (gasp!). Now what happens if one day someone breaks in your home and steals your handguns and AR-15. If you report it to the police, they will find out you did not register your handguns and that you also posses(ed) an illegal assault weapon. If you don't report the theft, they will find out anyway when the gun turns up at a crime scene. Bad news either way. Also, NRA Armscare insurance will not pay if an "unregistered" assault weapon is lost or stolen. Other insurance companies may be similar.

Standing Wolf
December 8, 2004, 11:43 PM
http://www.yellowtruck.com

SIGarmed
December 8, 2004, 11:47 PM
I say most of the pistols where you see the date of expiration will be re-approved. All the manufacturer has to do is renew a fee not re-test them again. They all have expiration dates it doesn't mean they're just going away.

7.62FullMetalJacket
December 8, 2004, 11:55 PM
I was a resident of the PRK until they passed gun laws which made me a criminal (for not registering EBRs). I left. On 1 October 2004 I walked into my favorite gun store and purchased 2 AR15 (post-ban), H&KUSP45TAC, an H&K FP-6, many magazines (post-ban), lotsa ammo, and walked out in 10 minutes, at the range in 15 minutes. It was a good day.

Ryder
December 9, 2004, 12:29 AM
as California goes, so goes the nation

Sounds to me like you've banged your head too hard on that wall we erected. Be advised that delusions of grandeur are not seen by us as a good thing.

beerslurpy
December 9, 2004, 12:59 AM
As cali goes, so goes the nation?

Since when? The nation has caught a major case of "we dont want what CA is selling."

Things I dont miss after leaving CA:
None of my guns are legal except a single bolt action gun. CA is not a good state for owning semiautomatic anything anymore.
My weekend/track day car is illegal for street use in CA since it doesnt have a CARB certified turbo kit (I rolled my own) and is missing various smog bits (all of them actually). Owning any sort of hotrod in CA is a collosal pain in the ass.
Paying nearly 20 percent extra in tax to the state.
Paying 3 times more to rent an apartment than I do now to own a bigger house.
No concealed carry unless you are rich/famous.
No use of lethal force in defense of property.
Gas is like 3 dollars a galllon, nearly as high as in england (ok not even close, england is like 8 bucks a gallon, mostly tax).
The bottom half of the state is full of mexicans, both legal and illegal.

All I miss of CA is the weather in the northern half and the mountains for driving in. Otherwise I would gladly push the entire state into the pacific and start buying up beachfront property in nevada.

The_Antibubba
December 9, 2004, 08:34 AM
because, between taxes and Cost of Living, I can't afford guns-or school, or dating, or even a pizza. Or a real life

The Makarovs are "The Last Straw".

I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for the "Budget" site, Standing Wolf :D

AF_INT1N0
December 9, 2004, 06:07 PM
I don't blame you guys for hating Cali. It is one of the most oppressive state in th Union. I just wish we could come up with some kind of plan to slowly start to turn things around.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a way to turn things around. The next time you see some BHL(bleeding heart liberal) GFW (Gun Fearing Wussy) or just plain stupid CaliCommie...Slap Them. Everytime some A**Hole mentions something about how it is so great that the Declaration of Independence is no longer taught in schools because it has references to god in it..Slap Them. (Hard)
If you see some Hollywood liberal blabbering about save the poor Islamic/Iraqi UN, French whatever... Slap them and then let TED Nugent kick the :cuss: out of them!!

If enough of these morons get slapped back into the real world, we may even have a chance at saving the state. Then we move East.

Note: While it is best to slap them immediately after they do something stupid; we shouldn't rule out retroactive punishment.

R.H. Lee
December 9, 2004, 06:16 PM
Sounds to me like you've banged your head too hard on that wall we erected. Be advised that delusions of grandeur are not seen by us as a good thing.
You can whistle in the dark and hope the bogey man doesn't getcha, too. Fact is, what happens in California is watched very closely by legislators and activists all over the country. If it works here, you'll see it (or some attempt at it) patterned in your own state. You can run, but you can't hide. :p

carp killer
December 9, 2004, 07:53 PM
There is a way to turn things around. The next time you see some BHL(bleeding heart liberal) GFW (Gun Fearing Wussy) or just plain stupid CaliCommie...Slap Them. Everytime some A**Hole mentions something about how it is so great that the Declaration of Independence is no longer taught in schools because it has references to god in it..Slap Them. (Hard)

If you even touch another person in Kali, it is assault. And you lose your right to own a gun. The waiting period/back ground check will catch it. The anti-gunners are already ahead of you. "The Man" is ready to haul your ass to jail if you in anyway resist the anti-gunners. :what:

Jesse308
December 9, 2004, 10:40 PM
With the Bulgie Makarov off the approved list, can you still get one if the gun store still has some in invertory. :confused:

jnojr
December 9, 2004, 11:43 PM
A little OT, but...

If you even touch another person in Kali, it is assault.

Touching (in an angry or forceful manner) is battery. Assault is basically an attempted battery... if I tell you "I'm going to kick your ass!" and move toward you in a manner that a "reasonable person" would believe he was about to get his ass kicked, that's assault. And that's why there's no such thing as "attempted assault", since assault is, itself, and attempt.

And you lose your right to own a gun.

Assault and battery are not automatically felonies... the one jury I sat on, we convicted the mope of misdemeanor battery.

Anyway, back to your regularly-programmed material... :)

Malone LaVeigh
December 10, 2004, 02:55 AM
Yep, California is horrible. Stay away. Don't even think of moving here and adding to the sprawl. Tell all of your friends, too.

railroader
December 10, 2004, 05:19 AM
http://www.turners.com/engage/displayad.php?H=1&m1=December&m2=December&d1=9&d2=15&img=ads/12-09-04/bulgarian.gif

Bulgarian maks on sale here starting on dec. 9th. So much for going off the list. Mark

EOD Guy
December 10, 2004, 11:35 AM
With the Bulgie Makarov off the approved list, can you still get one if the gun store still has some in invertory.

Once a gun is off the list, the dealer cannot sell it to the general public.

Rumpled
December 10, 2004, 11:49 AM
Has the DOJ not recently updated? Has Century paid the mordida?
Does Turner's know something I do not?
Did Turner's realize too late when they printed the ad?
Ohterwise, why would they run the ad?

Librarian
December 10, 2004, 04:06 PM
I just sent email to Century and asked; if I get an answer, I'll post it here.

dance varmint
December 10, 2004, 10:19 PM
Isn't California's state bird the Pinko Flamingo? Lord help us if it becomes the national bird.

bg
December 11, 2004, 12:07 AM
delete please.

Rumpled
December 16, 2004, 03:46 AM
Apparently Century has paid their Tax, Moridia, Bribe, Extortion, Politically Expedient Fee, whatever.
I just looked tonite and saw Bulgie Maks have a expiration date of 12-06-05
So Antibubba and Jesse308 you can once again go down to Turner's and buy a Bulgie Mak.
And EOD Guy was right, if it's off the list, a dealer can't sell it - just ask those who have been asked to return what turned out to be "unsafe" handguns after they bought them.

If you enjoyed reading about "I #@!!*&@@# HATE CALIFORNIA!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!