WI rep Boyle arrested for DUI

PDA

tommytrauma
December 7, 2004, 02:44 PM
Boyle played a role in the narrow defeat of a WI CCW bill last year. He's an anti- gun $#(%&. Given that he can't be trusted with the responsability of a car, I can see why he hesitates to trust adults with potentially dangerous machinery.

MADISON, Wis. -- State Rep. Frank Boyle was arrested early Monday in a parking lot for drunken driving and apologized for being "tremendously guilty of bad judgment."

Boyle, who represents parts of Douglas, Washburn and Burnett counties in northern Wisconsin, said in a statement he was arrested on suspicion drunken driving shortly after midnight in a parking lot near a residence he keeps in Madison.

“It was a senseless act on my part, and I accept full responsibility,” Boyle, D-Superior, said in the statement.

The Dane County Jail confirmed Boyle was arrested early Monday and posted bail, but did not have any other details of his arrest.

Boyle, 59, was first elected to the Assembly in 1986.

If you enjoyed reading about "WI rep Boyle arrested for DUI" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Monkeyleg
December 7, 2004, 07:25 PM
Awww, the poor little thing. Tommytrauma, were you at the assembly judiciary committee public hearing in Waukesha in 2002? Boyle was practically frothing at the mouth. He was shouting and turning red-faced, spewing the usual cries of blood in the streets. He's definitely out of control.

Here's the sumbitch's photo

Standing Wolf
December 7, 2004, 07:26 PM
You can always count on leftist extremists to believe laws are written and enforced for everyone but themselves.

R.H. Lee
December 7, 2004, 07:31 PM
He can't be a real Democrat. He actually stepped up to the plate and accepted responsibility.

johnrv4
December 7, 2004, 10:02 PM
This thread just made my day. I'm still ticked off about the veto.

MarkDido
December 7, 2004, 10:38 PM
Apparently, Boyle can't see the irony that he is much more dangerous driving while impaired than any citizen with a CCW.

SteelyDan
December 8, 2004, 12:51 AM
If I remember correctly, the Wisconsin attorney general got nailed on the same charge a year or two ago, and she was another bleeding heart. Only thing is, I'm not sure if that particular charge helps or hurts a candidate at the ballot box. I've spent a little time in Wisconsin, and my perception is that many of the locals have a certain fondness for alcoholic beverages. (So do I; I'm not being judgmental.) There are lots of small towns without a grocery store or gas station, but most will have a tavern or two. The most extreme example I've seen was Hurley, in the northeast part of the state. This was 15 years ago, but my best recollection is that the whole town was only 3 or 4 blocks long, and there was something like 50 bars. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's pretty accurate.

TrapperReady
December 8, 2004, 12:53 AM
Boyle's comments against the WI CCW legislation were some of the most amazing I've ever heard. I would not have thought that someone could take talking points from the VPC and yell them so loudly in a public setting without getting locked up for disorderly conduct.

I guess we would now call that "drunk and disorderly".

Monkeyleg
December 8, 2004, 07:20 PM
"There are lots of small towns without a grocery store or gas station, but most will have a tavern or two."

There's a store in northern Wisconsin--Wild Rose, WI--that's a gas station and gun store. They also sell beer and cigarettes.

For the BATF, it's one-stop shopping!

motoman
December 8, 2004, 08:53 PM
To a nicer guy! They dragged GWB's DWI from 1970 out the night before the 2000 elections. Lets hope this ends his political career!

Don Gwinn
December 8, 2004, 11:01 PM
I'm sick and tired of this "Bad Judgment" crap.

He didn't exercise "bad judgment." There's no "judgment" call to be made when you decide whether you're going to drink. If you have to drive, you don't drink. It's very easy unless you're an alcoholic.

Drunk driving is not "bad judgment" . . . and it is not an "unfortunate mistake" . . . and no one cares that you're "not a perfect man" or that you "have, in fact, made mistakes in my life."

Sergeant Bob
December 9, 2004, 01:09 AM
Don Gwinn I'm sick and tired of this "Bad Judgment" crap.
Me too! It's like there's a standard form that they fill out whenever they get into trouble.

I __________ apologize for being tremendously guilty of
___________ bad judgment.

Well gee, he apologized so I guess we must forgive him now.

Bad judgement? It's not bad judgement when you make an obviously wrong and dangerous choice which could result in other people dying (I don't care about his sorry @ss). I wonder if he will be held to the same standards and penalties which he imposes on his serfs.

It was a senseless act on my part, and I accept ____________ full responsibility.

He didn't accept anything. He got caught and had to fess up because he couldn't deny it. If he actually accepted responsibility, he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

If you enjoyed reading about "WI rep Boyle arrested for DUI" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!