Ron Paul on National ID card

PDA

trapperjohn
December 8, 2004, 08:15 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul222.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Ron Paul on National ID card" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Henry Bowman
December 8, 2004, 10:09 AM
Ron Paul is a hero of mine. I wish we had at least one like him in the Senate. I wish I could be the one like him in the Senate (instead of either of the RINOs from Ohio).

rick_reno
December 8, 2004, 12:14 PM
What I believe is the updated Intelligence Reform Bill is here (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:S.2845:)

It's worth taking a look at.

RKCheung
December 8, 2004, 01:49 PM
Ron Paul is probably the last vestige of liberty and integrity left in Congress.

jamz
December 9, 2004, 09:17 AM
Amen.

DRZinn
December 9, 2004, 01:11 PM
I wish we had at least one like him in the Senate.

One like him? We need 100 like him in the Senate, 435 just like him in the House, and another 2 in the White House!

Waitone
December 9, 2004, 01:19 PM
With the way congress is made up today, you could create chaos with a half dozen Ron Paul's.

hm
December 9, 2004, 01:35 PM
Aren't a group of Libertarians trying to hijack the New Hampshire electorate right now? Several Ron Paul-clone reps and senators is likely a big enough cadre to mess with Congress at least a little bit. As a Pro-2nd Dem in Bush's America, I'd LOVE to see that happen. :neener:

why_me
December 11, 2004, 12:27 AM
ive been browsing his website all day. I want him for President. This guy rocks! IM an independant voter. I voted the other guy last election. I will vote Ron Paul in a heartbeat.

13A
December 11, 2004, 03:00 PM
I voted for Ron Paul for President this year. I will vote for him again in 2008 if the Republicrats can't provide a better candidate.

grendelbane
December 11, 2004, 07:33 PM
In the interests of historical accuracy, I must object to the complaints of people about a Soviet style ID system.

I am not real sure when the Commies went to such a style system, but the Nazis beat them to it by several years, as did the US gov't, (if you include Social Security).

My county has had a recent influx of Amish. They are now unable to open new bank accounts as they object to ID numbers and picture ID's. I understand this reluctance. The older members were grandfathered under the new legislation, but it is now impacting the younger members who are now wishing to open accounts.

Where will this lead? I leave that to your imagination.

shermacman
December 11, 2004, 07:47 PM
We wouldn't have this incredible intrusion of our rights if we could sort of get our elected officials to hopefully decide to someday look at maybe taking the issue of border security seriously...
:cuss:

Waitone
December 11, 2004, 08:35 PM
I have the utmost respect for Ron Paul's consistency and integrity of his beliefs. Unlike most capital L libertarians he understands the need for actions and compromise to achieve his objectives. He figured out his little L libertarianism would do little good on the outside so he became a republican, got elected to congress, and now gives spinelessrepublicans fits because he has a vehicle to implement his capital L libertarianism.

That said, I have to ask Rep. Paul what is his suggestion as to how to identify people and their status in the US. This is a topic near and dear to me because of the state in which I live. NC is one of four states of destination for criminal immigrants in the US. Why? Because our idiot governor abetted by a lapdog legislature effectively required no identity documentation to receive a drivers license. At one time in the recent past the matricula card was all that was needed. Didn't have a matricula card? No problem. The DL office would provide the criminal alien an affidavit (?sp) that said the signer was who they claimed to be. The criminal alien would then walk off with a DL to drive about uninsured and go to the bank to get a checking account. Once residency was established they were then free to move to any other state in the US with no questions asked because they had established residence in NC.

Ashcroft and the DoJ told our idiot governor to knock it off. So the same lapdog legislature fixed the problem by saying the criminal alien had to have other forms of identity. A matricula card was no good any more. Good? No because they would accept a checking account as ID. So now the criminal alien goes to a bank that wants to set up a pipeline with Mexico (think the largest bank in the US), use the matricula card to get a checking account, take the checking account to the DL office where a license was duly issued. Presto chango the problem is fixed! Fresh, hot, steaming road apples!

I appreciate Rep. Paul's concern about a soviet style internal passport, but what would he do to solve the problem. It is one thing to criticise a course of action, but what is another solution?

why_me
December 11, 2004, 08:40 PM
Its called your social security card.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ron Paul on National ID card" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!