Increasing my ammo budget.

PDA

.45Ruger
March 1, 2003, 07:26 PM
Today I hit one week without smoking. I saved over thirty dollars this week alone. Well I figured out that's alot more shooting I can do over a month. Sorry I'm just very excited about quiting and had tovent somewhere.

If you enjoyed reading about "Increasing my ammo budget." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Seminole
March 1, 2003, 07:44 PM
Congratulations!!

Schuey2002
March 1, 2003, 07:44 PM
Just think of all the cool guns,knives and cases of ammo you could have bought if you hadn't started smoking in the first place.:D

OBTW, congratulations on your one week anniversary!;)

Peetmoss
March 1, 2003, 08:00 PM
Congrats 45Ruger. More money for Guns and ammo.

gryphon
March 1, 2003, 09:39 PM
Stay strong! If you feel yourself faltering, take some of that money you are saving and go to the range. Kinda the shooting enthusiasts Nicotrol! :D

centermass
March 1, 2003, 09:50 PM
Hey, I hear you 45Ruger! I am in the same boat, at the 2 week mark now... in fact I used the money saving aspect as leverage for my most recent firearm purchase last week! "It's a great deal that won't last long (referring GunBroker item) honey, and with the money that we're saving by me quitting smoking, it's like getting it for free! They're practically paying me to have it!" It worked, as I will be picking up my new CZ-75BD this week. I actually calculated how much money I have actually spent on cigarettes, and it's sad... appx $10,000 in 10 years. Wish I had it all back... I don't feel that "cool" now. Anyways, congrats. I hope you stay "on the wagon". I'm planning to, otherwise I may lose my shootin' money! :D

Take care, Steve

Bob Locke
March 1, 2003, 10:06 PM
$30/week x 52 weeks/year = $1600 in a year's time.

That ain't pocket change! Thing of what you could do if you just squirreled it away for a year. Sixteen hundred bucks will bring a handful of decent firearms, and two or three really nice ones. That's a pretty decent carrot to hang out there in front, IMO.

Congrats on making it through a week. I understand that the first couple are the big hurdle, and then you're well on your way.

Keep it up!

3 gun
March 2, 2003, 12:02 AM
I've taken a slightly different approach. I've dropped 15 lbs since the first of the year. Can't wait for the weather to break so I can get to the range for more exercise. Sadly the money I've saved hasn't gone to getting more ammo, it's just been enough to offset the price increases. What's up with the price of 308 and 30 carbine in the last month? Battle packs are up by $5 or so. I hope the "cheap" surplus isn't drying up.

Deadman
March 2, 2003, 06:26 AM
Bah! Who needs cigarette smoke when you can have gunpowder smoke. :p

Keep it up .45Ruger.

Kahr carrier
March 2, 2003, 06:45 AM
Congrats Keep up the good work .The only good smoke is GUNSMOKE.:)

jawper
March 2, 2003, 10:30 AM
.45Ruger,

Congrats! Good for you.

It's gonna get hard again after the nicotine clears your system and the comfort of the habit itself starts to rear it's head. I learned at abut day 60 that I could live through the substance withdrawl but I missed the SMOKING!

Still, the gun&ammo budget issue is a powerful one. Keep it up and buy yourself a treat at some point. Good luck!

If you enjoyed reading about "Increasing my ammo budget." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!