replacing springfield MSH, what small parts?

PDA

milcaztra
December 11, 2004, 02:22 PM
I have a Springfield milspec, and I don't like the feel of the arched mainspring housing.

What small parts do I need to order from Brownells for the replacement?

Anyone want to trade a good quality flat MSHs for my arched Springfield (with lock)?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "replacing springfield MSH, what small parts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
milcaztra
December 11, 2004, 07:14 PM
Found the answer.

1911Tuner:

Replacing the ILS system is simple. You'll need a housing, standard spring... no lighter than 23#...a standard mainspring cap, and the retaining pin that fits in the small hole at the top right of the housing. Everything else is straightforward.

R.H. Lee
December 11, 2004, 10:06 PM
Lessee, my Milspec is stainless, so I used the stainless msh #555-101-003. Also the mainspring cap pin s/s #965-011-166, and the mainspring cap s/s #965-011-162. Double check those numbers. :)

Old Fuff
December 11, 2004, 10:50 PM
Before proceeding with your project read the following thread for additional information.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=101703&highlight=housing

There's no reason to reinvent the wheel ... :D

BEARMAN
December 12, 2004, 12:02 AM
You have everything you need except the housing. Just buy the housing and substitute the parts. Might not work as I didn't realize you had one of the many new locking gizmos.

If you enjoyed reading about "replacing springfield MSH, what small parts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!