I've been accused of being an anti-NRA "fighter"

PDA

JeremyIA
March 1, 2003, 11:21 PM
I call out one bad apple who wasn't willing to prove his loyalty to the average gun-owning American and I get accused. I've been accused of being one of those guys who wants to bring down the gun companies because I'm just one of those guys who needs an enemy to fight with. Apparently I just like to stir the pot and fight. On top of it all, I've been accused of being one of those "anti-NRA" types who makes all sorts of accusations against the organization just for the sake of witch-hunting and fighting. Well, here's MY evidence. What do YOU think?

To put it in the words that were directed towards me.....YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

http://mypeoplepc.com/members/idsman75/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/waynekayne.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "I've been accused of being an anti-NRA "fighter"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gun-fucious
March 2, 2003, 12:26 AM
Wat chu talkin bout Willis?

this thread?
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=116686#post116686

J Miller
March 2, 2003, 12:26 AM
JeremyIA,

I won't begin to tell the things I have been called when I point out things that don't make sence. So I can relate with you on that point.

But I don't recognize the people in the pic, so I don't get your point.

Could you clear it up a bit for me?

UnknownSailor
March 2, 2003, 12:36 AM
That's Wayne LaPierre on the left. I don't know the person on the right.

Mike Irwin
March 2, 2003, 01:02 AM
I've got a picture around here somewhere of me and Charlton Heston from when I worked for American Rifleman.

Does that make me Aaron? :)

JeremyIA
March 2, 2003, 05:04 AM
The guy on the right is Kayne Robinson, NRA Second Vice President.

gun-fucious--That and the thread I started on Mr. Januzzo of Glock and his comments on 60 Minutes.

Kahr carrier
March 2, 2003, 06:51 AM
Well it looks like you support the Nra. I wouldnt worry about what other people think of you. It what you think of yourself that counts.:)

Goet
March 2, 2003, 09:47 AM
I don't frequent the net so often anymore and thus don't have a feel for this board quite yet, but has being non- "pro" NRA become evil?

If so, I'm the devil.:evil:

Jim March
March 2, 2003, 01:38 PM
The guy in the middle looks familiar:

http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/images/t152_cover.jpg

JeremyIA
March 2, 2003, 02:31 PM
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/idsman75/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/wayne.jpg

Blain
March 2, 2003, 02:39 PM
"I've been accused of being an anti-NRA "fighter""

Good, the NRA sucks.

Jim March
March 2, 2003, 05:54 PM
Y'all understand I was kidding?

:)

JeremyIA
March 2, 2003, 06:31 PM
I'm not nearly as "flaccid" as the guy in the Smallville picture :D :neener:

BlackArrow
March 2, 2003, 07:35 PM
It's ok to not like all the policies of a group. I for one send money to the NRA on election years. But that's where it stops. In my state they were cutting a deal with Sarah B's people to get us a nifty "lock your handguns up bill". Our State grassroots group found out and we beat them over the head with it. We had our Reps calling it the "rapist protection bill" before it was over and the bill was defeated soundly. I implore all of you to be VERY aware of what they are doing legislatively in your state.:cuss: They'll cave in a heart-beat.

cheygriz
March 4, 2003, 12:14 PM
Blain, **** "The NRA sucks?"**** Well, if it wasn't for the NRA, you wouldn't be allowed to own a gun, slick!

They aren't perfect? Well BOO HOO! Who the hell is?

Blain
March 4, 2003, 12:19 PM
The NRA doesn't garantee my right to own a gun. Prehaps I can thank or blame the NRA on not being able to own a machine gun, short barreled weapon, etc. Where were they then?

cheygriz
March 4, 2003, 12:41 PM
The NRA doesn't guarantee your right?

Well, slick, the damned courts sure as hell won't enforce the Second Amendment! So who do you count on? Chucky Schumer, perhaps?

Open your eyes man! The NRA has credibility with congress. The "PURE" pro gun groups don't!

I really would like to see GOA, SAF and JPFO have as much credibility and clout as NRA has. But in reality, they don't and probably never will.

I don't like the idea that the Soviet Union was our ally in WWll either. But that's better than having to learn to speak German.

When you're in a fight, you don't have to love your allies, but you'd damned well better accept their help if you want to win the fight. and that included not "bad-mouthing" your allies.

AR-10
March 4, 2003, 05:10 PM
The problem with the NRA seems to be that it is comprised of several tiers.

On the national level they like to do "behind closed doors" deals and wave muskets around.

At the state level they pick and choose their fights and frequently seem to work against gun owners.

This is the impresion of them that I have developed over the last two years of reading about them on the net, often in posts like BlackArrow's. Some gun owner posting how the state NRA let them down or even actively blocked other groups from moving against pending legislation only to see said legislation pass.

Do the state level NRA groups even talk to each other? Is there a co-ordinated effort going on or is it every little island for itself? The Iowa NRA group does absolutely nothing that you see, other than mail out candidate ratings in election years. You would think that since they are not preocupied with fighting all sorts of stupidity in our state they might have time to work on some pro-gun legislation, like Shall issue. Never hear a peep out of them.

All I ever hear from the NRA on a personal level is a never ending stream of phone calls and junk mail asking for more money. What I would like to hear is how they stopped legislation from passing in New Jersey, Illinois, California. They won't "waste" money fighting unless they know they can win. The easy victories could be won without them. The tough ones are ignored by them.

Makes me wonder why they need my money.

If you enjoyed reading about "I've been accused of being an anti-NRA "fighter"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!