Scout scope on AR-10

PDA

Headless Thompson Gunner
December 12, 2004, 03:22 AM
I really dig the "scout" scope thing. I have a spare Leupold IER scope that I wanna mount on my AR-10. Anyone know of a good way to accomplish this?

I've seen some replacement handguards that have rails built in. Those wouldn't hold well enough to mount a scope to, would they?

Does anyone make a gadget that sort of cantalievers forward from the front of the upper receiver a few inches or so? That sounds like what I need, but I'm not sure that such a critter exists.

Any other creative solutions?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Scout scope on AR-10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chris Rhines
December 12, 2004, 03:35 PM
Yankee Hill Machining makes something that would work: http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/rails.html Scroll down about halfway.

- Chris

NMshooter
December 15, 2004, 03:00 PM
The free floating rails would work OK. You could look at LaRue's SPR mount, but I don't know if that would move the scope forward enough.

If you enjoyed reading about "Scout scope on AR-10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!