"TV Knives" ???

PDA

David
March 2, 2003, 03:08 AM
Has anyone every purchased those packages of knives they sell on the shopping channels?

For example, I have seen 20 Tactical Knives for about 40 bucks --
approx. $2.00/knife.

I believe they were made by Frost.

Are these knives and deals any good?:confused:

I welcome your opinions.

If you enjoyed reading about ""TV Knives" ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scottgun
March 2, 2003, 05:24 AM
Well, I don't know if I should really admit it, but I did order a set of these. They are CHEAP knives, made in China. It's alright for knives you don't care if you lose. Keep one in the toolbox and one in the garage. And I'll keep an extra one around, if some one wants to borrow a knife, let them use the cheap one. That way they are not using your nice EDC knife as a screwdriver or chisel. I gave a couple of them to friends who normally wouldn't carry a knife.

You get what you pay for, you will get a bunch of really cheap knives. They aren't suitable for tasks where a real knife is needed, because the locking mechanism does not always keep the blade locked. The blade doesn't lock solid like quality knives do. They are good as novelty letter openers, but if you are looking for a good knife, spend a few more dollars and get a real knife.

hso
March 2, 2003, 09:04 AM
Don't buy the knives sold in batches on Shop At Home, et al. They are usually of the lowest quality. Unless you're planning on starting a "board" at work for a quarter a slot to "raffle" off one of these things (and the guys won't linch you for raffling off such a cheap POS even at $.25 per chance) I'd spend the $40 on a couple of discontinued CRKT models.

Tamara
March 2, 2003, 09:47 AM
An hilarious thread (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1468&highlight=infomercial) on the topic. :cool:

David
March 2, 2003, 04:35 PM
thanks, all -- I'll think I will spend my $$$ elsewhere...

makdaddy03
March 4, 2003, 03:24 AM
LMAO!

ahadams
March 11, 2003, 12:20 AM
scary truth: there's one of those 'everything' shops in a town near here where they're getting 10 - 15 bucks a piece for frost (aka chicom slave labor produced) knives. It's amazing what some people will buy.

Tim Schlosser
March 11, 2003, 01:35 AM
Pure crap that folks should be ashamed of themselves for selling. :cuss:

Pawcatch
March 11, 2003, 02:23 PM
Frost cutlery are junk.
Not to be confused with Frosts of Sweden which makes great user knives at a great price.
If you're looking for some good,inexpensive folding knives,then look at Okapi from South Africa or Opinel of France.

Kahr carrier
March 15, 2003, 08:18 AM
The funnything is that every Gunshow that I go to there is some Clown that has a table full of TV knves for sale. A lot of those knives seem to be made in India.

If you enjoyed reading about ""TV Knives" ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!