Rebuying what I sold.

PDA

notbubba
December 30, 2002, 03:46 PM
I have a few guns that I've sold and regret selling.
I bet you've never heard that before;)

So, now I'm watching the used gun cases to try and replace them.
Two that I'm looking for are SIG 239 9mm and a S&W 625 .45acp.
I looking for the 625 with a 3" barrel.

I think maybe selling isn't a good thing.:rolleyes:

Anybody else looking to replace what you sold?

If you enjoyed reading about "Rebuying what I sold." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dfrog
December 30, 2002, 03:49 PM
I've only sold one pistol. Now I want it back. Ruger Blackhawk. Live and learn. Now all I will do is add to the collection.

Schuey2002
December 30, 2002, 04:16 PM
I buy and sell handguns(and rifles) all the time. I should keep everyone of them and hoard them, I guess. But, I don't.

Life is just to short to regret selling guns. Buy what you like, if it doesn't fit the bill,sell it. That's my motto.

I probably should hang onto everything. At the rate that I'm going, I'm never going to catchup with Tamara.. :D :D

faustulus
December 30, 2002, 04:29 PM
I want a P220 back I sold to a friend. And for some strange reason I want that P99 back, even though I couldn't shoot it worth a sheep.

Kermit
December 30, 2002, 05:46 PM
I sold or traded away alot of guns for one reason or another. I have only regretted selling my HK rifles, but the rest were replaced w/ guns I still own and cherish :D

December 30, 2002, 06:00 PM
I regret selling almost every gun I ever sold. Most of the good ones have been replaced with like models. One that I had forgotten about was the Sig 220 I once owned. It was a terrific gun, but I doubt I will buy another one. I found it very difficult to shoot because it was my first double action auto. It also had the Europeon mag relase on the bottom of the grip frame which I didn't care for.

I very seldom sell a gun. Almost never. I think I have sold two guns in the last 15 years. One was a total POS that I bought because the scope on it was worth more than the asking price. I tried the rifle, it wouldn't shoot so I sold it and kept the Leupold Vari-X III scope that was on it. The other was an '06 that a guy gave me because he owed me money and couldn't pay me. I already owned 4-5 rifles in that caliber and all were better than that one.

spacemanspiff
December 30, 2002, 06:11 PM
threads like this reinforce my resolve to never sell a gun as long as i live. thanks guys...i was considering selling the POS AP-9's i have, but now, i'll keep them.

NEon
December 30, 2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by notbubba
I have a few guns that I've sold and regret selling.
I bet you've never heard that before;)

So, now I'm watching the used gun cases to try and replace them.
Two that I'm looking for are SIG 239 9mm and a S&W 625 .45acp.
I looking for the 625 with a 3" barrel.

I think maybe selling isn't a good thing.:rolleyes:

All the time. Was also looking for a 625 S&W I sold (it was a 3 inch). However now I want it in 4 inch (hint, hint). IDPA rules backed down to 4 inch in a revolver the first of Oct.

Still Learning
December 30, 2002, 06:33 PM
For the past few days I've been thinking about buying a Steyr Scout in .308. I want one really badly but will have to sell some to buy one at this time. Between this post and C.R. Sam's regarding the S&W 57 in .41 mag. (reminded me how much I miss the one I sold), my schedule for getting the Scout has just been placed well into the future. I ain't selling anything if I don't have to!

Been there, and it stinks!

PlayTheAces
December 30, 2002, 06:37 PM
The only one I really, really, really regret was a beautiful Colt Diamondback I traded for a S&W 67, back when stainless revolvers were the new deal and I just had to have one.

Did I mention I really regret that one?

tomkatz
December 30, 2002, 07:14 PM
I seem to be the one among my friends who does sell and buy more, it seems to be a bit addictive, the wheeling and dealing. My rule now is when I sell I upgrade or get something I want or need more, then I don't usually regret the deal...tom

Flying V
December 30, 2002, 07:51 PM
I most regret selling the following:

Tokarev SVT-40
Daewoo K2
Baikal Makarov .380
S&W .44 spl. stainless, 6-inch barrel, adj. sights. (don't recall model number)
MAK-90
Glock 20
Enfield #4 mk2, micrometer sights.

I hope to replace them, eventually.

Wakal
December 30, 2002, 09:31 PM
Sold a DCM M1D built on a Winchster -13 receiver.

Hated to see it go, but it was for SO much money...bought six new guns (that I didn't feel bad shooting) and a Dillon 500B...

Still iffy on that one. Sigh.

Alex

stubby
December 31, 2002, 08:53 AM
Not only replaced ones I have sold, I actually bought the same gun back several times. I just don't have the money to acquire a large collection but do enjoy shooting a wide variety of firearms. What ever fancy strikes me, I go for. If the government is keepinigtrack, I must be on THE list. I have purchased at least 100 firearms in the past 10 years but only own two.:banghead:

dave
December 31, 2002, 09:12 AM
The gun I wish I had never sold was the first handgun I ever owned. It was a .45 Colt Commander. NIB was $100.00.

**sigh** If I only knew then what I know now.

ruger357
December 31, 2002, 09:17 AM
Been there.

AR-10
December 31, 2002, 09:17 AM
I just learned that a 1911 I sold to a private party is now sitting in the dealer's case at the gunshop where I originally purchased it new. It's very possible that I will buy it from the same guy twice.

There's some irony in there somewhere.

QuickDraw
December 31, 2002, 11:24 AM
When I was younger,I would buy a gun hang on to it for awhile.
When money would get tight I'd sell it.A little older and wiser now.
Rebuilding collection.Investment in guns,like stocks,is for
the long term.

QuickDraw

2nd Amendment
December 31, 2002, 11:54 AM
Three times in my married life I have built up an awesome collection. Good stuff and quite a bit of it. And three times finances have forced me to clear it out to keep the lights on and food on the table. I'm just starting to rebuild for #4 but I'm appalled at how some of the prices have jumped. That and I'm finding it a lot harder to spend the money i used to shell out without a second thought.

I guess I really am getting old.

10-Ring
December 31, 2002, 01:00 PM
THe only guns I've sold or traded away have been guns that for one reason or another didn't work for me.

Aliens1956@AOL.com
December 31, 2002, 03:49 PM
I have recently depleted my collection by 2 guns.One was a Colt *Diamondback*that my father had on the night he was killed with the local Sheriffs Department, the other a Ruger*New Model* in 357 magnum.The first went to my first born(now40) and the second to my second born(now37).As was said in *Dances with Wolves* .....nice trade:D Two fine sons for two fine weapons......;)

Arub
December 31, 2002, 08:12 PM
I sold a Smith 686 about a year ago. Bought the same gun back about 6 months later. It really wasn't sold (in effect), just rented out. The guy I sold it to and bought it back from was amused. It worked out for both of us.

blades67
December 31, 2002, 08:19 PM

Yes, a S&W 4516-1 and a Winchester M70 .30-06.

MR.G
December 31, 2002, 09:22 PM
I wish that I still had most of the guns that I have sold over the years. Would love to be able to buy them back for what I sold them for years ago. There are a few that I don't miss though.

armabill
December 31, 2002, 11:31 PM
I don't sell many of my guns. But when I do, I don't regret it at all. I sold it for a reason.

emann
January 1, 2003, 02:51 AM
Oh yea. I've got to replace that Bersa .380 I sold a while back. Boy that was dumb. :mad:

Kevinch
January 1, 2003, 10:33 AM
I know the emotion. I've been tempted to sell one particular gun & always back away, as it is the first gun I ever owned.

Then again, I've sold a few & I really don't regret it.

But I have to be honest - when I get to the point that the material objects in my life start to become so important that I fear losing them, it's time to get rid of them.

I've lost my father, my first marriage ended in divorce. I've been blessed with a 2nd marriage to a great woman who also gave me the opportunity to become a step-father to her daughter - an opportunity I didn't realize in my first marriage.

Those things are precious to me. If I need to sell a gun for some extra $$ to take care of them, or if I sell one off to get another, so be it.

It's a hard decision, but I find that sometimes I need to "take stock" & reprioritize. Besides, if I do get into a position that I can replace them, I get to hunt them again - & for me, that's a lot of the fun of ownership!

:what: Oh - you asked about wanting to replace guns sold? I'd have to say no, not yet!

Fed168
January 1, 2003, 10:38 AM
I have a couple that went over the years that I miss. And I would like to have them back, but it won't happen.
The ones I miss: Glock 34 and the USP 40.
I still have a love/ hate relationship with the 1911, and don't really miss those. Problem is, my next gun will be a 1911.

USMC
January 1, 2003, 10:50 AM
Everything I've sold, I regret!

:banghead:

mbott
January 1, 2003, 11:26 AM
Over the last two years I've sold three guns, Rugers all: a P95, a P97 and an SP101. I've repurchased the P95 and the P97 and was about to repurchase the SP101, but I came across a CZ 75 P-01 and it took priority. I'll probably end up getting the SP101 later this year.

--
Mike

45R
January 1, 2003, 02:55 PM
I always have one gun in my safe that is a queen. If I'm not using it I'll buy, sell or trade for something else that I will use, at least for the time being. I dont have any regrets.

Cougar
January 1, 2003, 07:57 PM
I've sold or traded:

S&W 39-2 9mm - Had to have a 3rd gen .40 :rolleyes:
Ruger Single Six .22 single action - too long to load/unload
Ruger .22 stainless standard auto - just didn't like it
Rem 870 express 12 ga - Got beat up by 12, got a 20ga instead
Marlin 25M .22Mag - .22Mag ammo expensive, terrible trigger

Guns I regretted selling:

S&W 39-2 - Much better trigger, lighter, easier to pack than 4006.
Rem 870 12ga - Can't find aftermarket stuff for 20 that I could for 12.

Traded or sold guns I've since replaced:

S&W 39-2 - It took me years to find another one in halfway decent shape.

In addition to the above, I accidentally destroyed my dad's old Rem 550 .22 autoloader. Stupid, stupid, STUPID on my part. :banghead: I found a later-model 550-1 to replace it, but it doesn't have the same provenance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rebuying what I sold." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!