Local range now renting the 500.

PDA

Warren
December 14, 2004, 05:35 PM
Range time and gun rental are covered by my membership but the rounds are $2 each with a minimum purchase of five rounds.

I'm thinking I've got to shoot that thing at least once in my life.

If you enjoyed reading about "Local range now renting the 500." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
41mag
December 14, 2004, 05:53 PM
You've a good deal there.At my local range the gun rental is $10/.5hr w/ammo being $5/rnd.

$35 for five minutes of fun. :(

Warren
December 14, 2004, 05:59 PM
Damn, even crack is less expensive.

OF
December 14, 2004, 06:06 PM
A word to the wise: when starting a new shooter, load only one round in the gun.

Especially if you get someone on the line who 'really wants to try that thing!'.

This lesson has been learned the hard way by some.

- Gabe

tc300mag1
December 14, 2004, 06:09 PM
Range here rents um to not a member at it think they get 2 a round also wanna try it but not for 35$

Warren
December 14, 2004, 07:04 PM
Did it.

Won't need to do it again.

Wrist was numb a little and for some reason my teeth hurt.

Not a tight group at 40 feet.

TrapperReady
December 14, 2004, 08:24 PM
Saw a couple older guys out at the range in early October. One had a S&W 500 with a red-dot of some sort. They were shooting steel gongs at 200 yards. They took their time and cracked off a round every ten minutes or so. They'd obviously been at it for a little while before I got there, and I didn't see them miss in the hour or so I was shooting.

They spent most of the time between shots laughing like a couple of first-graders telling fart jokes. It was very cool to see a couple shooters enjoying themselves so much.

Warren
July 7, 2005, 03:42 AM
Won't need to do it again.

I'm thinking that I will be back at the .500 in the near future.

For some reason I've developed a serious jones for the thing.

GregGry
July 7, 2005, 03:53 AM
Hehe the local range has one too, 10$ to rent it, 15$ for a hour on the range, ammo is probably around 2$ a shot. I will give it a try next time I am at the range. I am going to work on my hand grip strength between now and then, thats for sure :what:

cortez kid
July 7, 2005, 07:05 AM
when someone gets a new sound system, the first thing they do to show it off, is turn it up as loud as they can. The same thing with the .500. Try shooting some 325/335 gr rnds thru it. They are tame and very managable. Shooting full bore 385/440 gr rnds can be a real turn off if you are a boarderline mangnum shooter. I would say save your money at the range and go buy a good used one and own a fine shooting piece. But if you want to try it out, make sure you got the lower grain rnds, otherwise your not going to get an honest feel for the weapon. A shooting glove would also help.
kid

Standing Wolf
July 7, 2005, 10:38 PM
...even crack is less expensive.

Well, yeah, but does it deafen you for life?

They spent most of the time between shots laughing like a couple of first-graders telling fart jokes. It was very cool to see a couple shooters enjoying themselves so much.

Now that you mention it...

Warren
July 8, 2005, 02:32 AM
On the rental 500 (and any rental bang-bang) you can only use the ammo they say you can use.

So I have no choice about grains/velocity. I'll just have to grin and bear it. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Local range now renting the 500." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!